Wednesday, October 23, 2019

8 beautiful and mom-friendly shoes for fall!

Today I am rounding up my favorite shoes for fall... I love this period between summer sandals and winter boots where flats and ankle boots reign supreme. Flats are my favorite shoes to wear and ankle boots are just so comfortable (with a heel even!) so it's all about comfort and style this time of year.

I often get asked if my shoes are comfortable and my answer to that is always simple: YES! As a busy mom and a regular gal, living a regular life - I have no time for uncomfortable shoes! Also I have feet that blister super easily (am I alone? is this a thing?) so if a shoe feels remotely uncomfortable it's out!

These eight shoes are a combination of some newer pieces and some long time favorites. Most of them I have owned for multiple seasons (or years) and I still love them and they are still heavy in the rotation. I sound like a broken record, but I find that when I invest in classic pieces they serve me well for a long time. If I were to calculate cost per wear on many of these the number would be so low that buying them makes financial sense. For today I am not going to do those calculations, mostly because I can't remember when I bought some of these... they have been around for so long!

(clockwise from top)
black ankle boots - this pair is a little different than what I usually choose for ankle boots but I love the studded details and lower heel. Again, they are perfect with jeans and sweaters and look very dressy, but are still very comfortable. (you can see them styled here)

leopard loafers - these budget friendly loafers look and feel much more spendy than they are! They are comfortable and instantly dress up any look. Plus, they are a near exact match for the more expensive leopard mules. If I had to only choose one between the two it would be this pair. (you can see them styled here)

black flats - I am a sucker for a pointy toe flat. I think they are so flattering and look way more dressed up than they really are. This pair took a little breaking in, I will be honest, they were a little stiff to begin with. However, now I love them and have worn them a lot lately! (you can see them styled here)

brown flats - this is probably the pair I have owned the longest and I could seriously justify buying like 3 more pairs in more colors. If you need an easy and comfortable ballet flat, this is the one I most recommend! There are lots of colors available and they are comfortable and classic. (you can see them styled here)

black mules - yes, I have these same exact shoes in the loafers AND the mules. I just love them so much. Both pairs are very comfortable and classic. I wear this pair more when the weather is nice and  full ankle back version is better for colder days.  You really can't go wrong with either pair. (you can see them styled here)

suede ankle boots - this pair is by far the biggest investment, but ankle boots tend to be more so of an investment. I bought these about a little over a month ago and I've already worn them A LOT. I can tell they will continue to get lots of wear over the coming months. They are comfortable, especially for having a heel, and look great with skinny jeans, sweaters and blouses for fall and winter. (you can see them styled here)

black loafers - loafers can be stiff and uncomfortable but these are not that! These felt like butter on my foot as soon as I tried them on and I just love how timeless they are. I love pairing them with sweaters and jeans for a dressed up/dressed down look and they would be great for the office too! (you can see them styled here)

leopard mules - the pair is a little pricier than some of the other shoes shown here, but you can definitely watch for them to go on sale. I love a pointy toe and a leopard shoe, so these are just swoon worthy in my book. I love to dress up a simple jeans and tee or jeans and a sweater with these mules. (you can see them styled here)

I can't forget to mention sneakers too! I wear sneakers A LOT these days... you can check out the full review of my favorite sneakers HERE.

And with the weather cooling I am going to outline my favorite boots very soon as well. If you live in a state where the snow flies in winter, be sure to look out for that post. I always get questions about my favorite boots and I have LOTS of opinions on boots (haha!) so stay tuned!



 

site design by kiki co.