Friday, September 6, 2019

sneaker review! (Golden Goose, P448, Veja, Adidas Stan Smith)


Questions about sneakers are probably the number one question I have been getting lately! Are the Golden Goose worth it? How does the P448 compare to Golden Goose? I'm on a budget but I want a fun new sneaker? Do the Veja sneakers break in easily? And on!

I'm always happy to answer questions and I have a lot of thoughts on sneakers lately - mostly that I LOVE THEM. I mean, what a time to be alive?!? The most comfortable shoe is also the most trendy? As a busy mom, I am here for it! I'll take it! But I thought I would compile all my thoughts into one place and this will hopefully be helpful for you!



Golden Goose Low Top (similar style) Sneakers Review (above):

Size I purchased: 37, Size I usually wear: 6 1/2 or 7 in women's

Pros: They look great on your foot, slim toe which is flattering, no breaking in period, the interior wedge is a nice lift, so many fun styles to reflect your personal style, they instantly make any outfit look hip without going overboard, slip on easily.

Cons: The price. They are quite expensive.

Thoughts: I wrote a full post about my GG sneakers HERE. But I will sum up those thoughts again here. I really, really love my Golden Goose sneakers. I probably wear them 4-5 times a week. They are my "slip on and run out the door" shoes.  I also exclusively wear these for travel because they are just so comfortable and look stylish while flying. If there is an indicator if a shoe is comfortable or not, I have to believe flying would score big points. It's not a comfortable process - so I always go for the most comfortable look and the GGs always make the cut. If you calculate COST PER WEAR (what you paid for them divided by the times you wore them) my CPW would be about $3.60 (assuming I wear them an average of 5x a week for the past 8 months). At the one year point (this coming December) the CPW would be $2.40.


P448 Low Top John Sneaker Review (above): 

Size I purchased: 37, Size I usually wear: 6 1/2 or 7 in women's

Pros: Instantly broken in, more cushioning than the GG so they are instantly comfortable, interior wedge is a nice lift, lots of cute styles to choose from, no "distressing" like the GG.

Cons: Still expensive (while being half the price of GG), a bit chunkier on the foot than GG, don't slip on easily 

Thoughts: I love these shoes, but my honest thought is they don't get worn near as much as my GG. Which is disappointing, especially for the price. I think I just love the GG SO much that they are getting eclipsed, because they really are a great shoe. I hope to get more wears out of them this fall and if I don't I may sell them, because mine are in near perfect condition. So much about this shoe is VERY SIMILAR to the GG though - the interior wedge, the stitching and the general shape of the shoe. A big con for me is that they don't slip on easily. If I am running to get the kids that is why these tend to get passed over for the GG - it takes a second to put them on. But literally, like one second. So it's not that major. I don't even want to calculate the Cost Per Wear for these because I've worn them about 10 times making that number exorbitantly high - like $25 CPW. Yikes!


Veja V-12 Sneaker Review (above):

Size I purchased: 37, Size I usually wear: 6 1/2 or 7 in women's

Pros: Super chic classic style, great price, very cushiony, look flattering on the foot.

Cons: Difficult to break in.

Thoughts: I've wanted these shoes for a while and I was nervous about breaking them in so I kept passing on them. Finally I broke down and thought I am going to break them in no matter what! I'm SO glad I got these. I really, really love them. They are so classic and like the GG seem to go with everything. The breaking in part is a little annoying. The main issues with this shoes is the stiff leather tongue and the heel is quite stiff too. I've been wearing them in 2-3 hour time periods to work on breaking them in and it's going well. Also when I wear them I push the tongue to the outside OR fold it over and tuck it under the laces to help break in the tongue. The heel is just going to take wearing them to break in - but I did buy these suede liners to try too. I bought these about 3 weeks ago and I've worn them about once a week (they are definitely creeping into the GG wear time) - so it's a little to early to calculate Cost Per Wear. If I wore them 1-2x a week for a year that would be $1.95 CPW for one year.




Size I purchased: 5 1/2, Size I usually wear: 6 1/2 or 7 in women's

Pros: Inexpensive, super classic, simple and minimal.

Cons: They kind of make my foot sweaty so I definitely have to wear no-show socks (which I don't do with the other three pairs). 

Thoughts: Like my P448 this is another pair that I don't wear near enough - but I don't know why! Like I mentioned above I don't wear no-show socks a lot but with this pair I kind of feel like they need them. For some reason my foot doesn't breathe as well (I like these no-show socks!). I love that this pair is such a great price while still being really on trend. They are understated but stylish at the same time, which can be a difficult balance.  The Cost Per Wear on this pair is high as well since I don't wear them a lot - maybe 1-2x a month and I've owned them since May. At 1.5 times a month the CPW is $4.40 for one year. I definitely need to start wearing these more!




 

site design by kiki co.