Saturday, January 1, 2011

2011 Style Resolutions...

The dawn of a New Year is irresistible in it's allure for hope of greatness to come and the chance at a fresh start... today I've compiled some practical and simple resolutions for your style and wardrobe for 2011 (and of course, for mine as well!).

1. Find your go-to store...
Mixing and matching pieces of clothing and accessories from different stores is a great way to express your personal style and to keep your wardrobe interesting. But (and this is a big "but") honing in on your signature style can mean finding one store that exudes your desired personal style and always has a great fit, no questions asked. Personally, for 2011, this store is Gap. What is yours?


(jeans, bracelets, top, shoes, sunglasses, bag)


2. Buy clothes that fit amazing...
This seems like a big 'duh' - but many of us (me included) fall prey to buying things that 'kinda fit'... or 'look okay'. If you don't plan on tailoring them (especially jeans... tailor your jeans!) then don't bring them home.


3. Purchase items you love so much you could wear every day...
If you don't REALLY love an item... don't bring it home. I have had a lot of "winners" lately... like these jeans (Gap), this sweatshirt (Forever 21), these shoes (Ugg) and this jacket (Tulle) to name a few. But I have to admit that I have had other pieces of clothing or accessories that I bring home that I only like... not love.


4. Mix and match...
After completing two (2!!!) 30/30 Challenges in 2010 I have learned the value of mixing and matching clothing. If you are standing in a fitting room with items in your hand or you are shopping online with items in your cart. Take the time in your mind to put each item you want to buy into three (or more!) outfits.

5. Classics with a side of trend...
This is my new personal mantra. I love trendy clothing, but sometimes feel like the rat-race of keeping up with it all can be overwhelming. For 2011 I have a great new project I am launching later this month that is all about the classics... and then of course, my seasonal looks:book can help with the trendier, but still practical pieces of each season.


What are your style resolutions this year!?!? Go forth & be stylish!

 

site design by kiki co.