Monday, January 6, 2020

my travel style: part I and Longchamp Large Le Pliage Tote review!

This week I am kicking off an entire week devoted entirely to travel. Our family loves to travel and I love to travel with my husband a couple of times a year too. From road trips to long haul flights, we've pretty much done it all! Now that we have teens in the house it's super easy to travel, so I won't be going into traveling with kids. Instead I'll be chatting up my favorite travel outfits, reviewing my favorite travel bags (like today's review of the Large Le Pliage Tote by Longchamp), talking about my MUST HAVES while traveling and lastly answering ALL your Disney questions from our trip there a few weeks back. I know this is the time of year where a lot of people start planning winter and spring travel to escape the cold and snow and I hope these posts are helpful for you as you plan!

Large Le Pliage Tote by Longchamp Review

Let's talk about the bag first! The Large Le Pliage Tote by Longchamp is the travel tote I have owned the longest. I use it mostly for travel (both air travel or road trips) but it also makes a great bag to have on hand for mom duties too like kids' sports events where I pack snacks, water bottles, a book, etc. It would also make a great mom bag to hold diapers, wipes, kids toys and snacks for younger kids too. I will be featuring a few other carry-on totes this week but of all three that I own/use this one is on the smaller side. It still has plenty of room for a laptop, chargers, wallet and a water bottle, but if I add my camera (for work travel), travel pillow or a shawl/scarf it gets full to the top.  I like this tote because it's super lightweight, very classic and the zipper top is smooth and not awkward to zip.  When not in use you can fold it up quite small to store it. Every size has it's advantages though - later this week I will review a quite large tote - which also has it's own pros and cons. So don't let the size discourage you - this is still a great tote! I like to travel with it BEST when I am not taking my laptop. Then it is the PERFECT size. The laptop makes it a little snug in there, but definitely still works.

Favorite Travel Outfit Combinations, Part I

Let's talk about this travel outfit next! I have a few travel outfit combos that I go for time and time again. It kind of depends on the weather at home when we leave and the weather at the location we are traveling to - but in general I go for comfort and layers! No matter if we are in the car or on an airplane I hate to be cold so I always go for lots of layers. That is why I love an oversized sweater to travel. This is warm and snuggly in cars or planes, but you can easily layer a t-shirt or tank top underneath if you are traveling somewhere warm (my personal favorite). Stretchy skinny jeans and these ultra comfortable and classic flats (the most comfortable I own!) finish the look easily. I like to wear jeans when I travel if I know we are going straight to an event or a certain place when we land. If we are just checking in to our hotel immediately, then leggings are preferred. But jeans are a little more polished for when there is zero turnaround time on the ground.  And I usually always travel in dark clothing... because, while it hasn't happened in a while, spills on clothing on a long day of travel CAN happen and who wants to walk around with a stain all day!?!











Outfit Details:
Sweater (it's quite oversized, I'm in size small)
Jeans (I cut the hems myself)
Flats - true to size


 

site design by kiki co.