Monday, November 15, 2010

8 of 30... romancing the blues!

I have told you before that sometimes I have crazy little ways of picking out outfits... maybe too crazy. That is up for debate. But I do like to try to do my best when mixing and matching things. (most of the time... sometimes I admittedly just throw stuff on)

But for this outfit I pretty much did process of elimination as to what I either hadn't worn at all yet from my 30 items, or what I haven't worn recently (as in the past two days). With that filter in place, so to say, there wasn't a lot remaining. I pretty much knew it was the lace top that was up next, but the problem was that I also had a super casual day in front of me.


In the end I think the distressed jeans and simple blue cardigan were the perfect juxtaposition to the lace. I put some romance into some simple blues.


Ask me again in about 15 days... but this round of the 30/30 Challenge seems easier and more rewarding. I am loving the outfit concoctions that have surprisingly materialized and I am loving having only 30 items to choose from. If you are second time 30/30 Remixer... do you feel the same?


All details and shopping links for my 30/30 outfits can be found HERE!

13 comments:

Heather said...

I love this outfit! And that lace top is amazing, I wish CR was still selling it!
Heather

Fashion Therapist said...

I'm loving that top. Lace is definitely my thing this season!

Jo said...

I chose my 30-for-30 outfit the same way - by asking what haven't I worn yet? LOL. I think many of us choose our outfits this way.

Linda Rose said...

You look so great! As always. I think this one is harder for me because I don't like my winter clothes as much as my summer ones, but I think it's proving to me how much I need some new winter clothes. Good thing I just got a job at Anthro! :)

Natalie said...

Love the frilly lace paired with grungy pants!!
And yes, it is much easier the 2nd time around!

Dawn said...

Adorable outfit and loving the necklace!

daer0n said...

Love that lace top and the jeans, how cool are the jeans!

LahTeaDah said...

I don't know what I love more. The Jeans or the Top........ either way its a Brilliant Outfit!

XOXO
Yours Truly

~ When Fashion and Tea Collide ~

read me: www.lahteadah.blogspot.com
follow me www.twitter.com/QueenEarlGrey
email me: lahteadahxoxo@gmail.com

city mouse said...

Gorgeous - I really love the contrast between the delicate lace and the rugged distressed jeans.

Virginie Lavallée Bélanger said...

You are totally right about the challenge being rewarding. And ecological too :O

Jenni said...

Wow, I'm smitten by this outfit! Actually, having just found your blog, I'm kinda smitten in general! You're too cute!

jill said...

this outfit is my fav so far!

Suzanne said...

I really like this necklace, do you have shopping info for it?


 

site design by kelly christine studio