Saturday, November 20, 2010

13 of 30... confession time.

I am SO not a rule breaker. Ask my husband. If a door says "EXIT", I won't dare enter through it. If the light just turned yellow, hold your horses, because we are stopping. Not a single speeding ticket is on my record. If someone charges me wrong at a store or a checkout (in my favor even) I tell them and pay the correct amount. And the few rules that I have broken, drinking in college at a "dry" campus, and, um, either I can't think of another rule I've broken or I don't want to admit it - yes, for the broken rules... I do them WAY WAY under the radar.

But I have broken one of the cardinal rules of the 30/30 Challenge and I am here to fess up.


I bought a new pair of jeans and swapped them out for a pair originally in my 30. (HUGE CRINGE). Don't kill me!


See when I started the challenge I knew I wanted/needed a new pair of skinny jeans. And I almost bought a pair the day before, but then I didn't. Then I wore the skinny jeans that I specifically chose for the challenge several times during the challenge (here & here & here & here) and really the fact of the matter is that they are cheap F21 jeans that don't fit that great and tend to be uncomfortable.

Pair that with the Friends & Family Day at Gap last weekend (WEAK, I AM SO WEAK!) and a pair that I found there for $28.99 (+30% off) and I caved. Caved hard core. I hope Kendi isn't voting any of us off the island.


The good news is that the old pair of skinny jeans will go to Goodwill for someone that will hopefully fit in them better. And the bad news is I am a big cheater. Boo.

Do you still love me?

Don't these new ones look so fab?

They even have the same zipper as the original pair. I thought about sneaking them by you all... not even telling you I had swapped out a pair. Would you have noticed? But like following the rules... I can't lie. I'm terrible at it.

19 comments:

eek said...

Luckily some rules are meant to be broken and I completely understand why you bought those new jeans. They look fabulous on you and I imagine Gap jeans will last a bit longer than those from F21!

b.a. said...

i love these new jeans! but have to admit--after glancing at your first pic, i knew immediately what rule you'd broken! but, who'm i to judge? i'm trying to think of one 30/30 rule i HAVEN'T broken yet!

b.a. said...

and apparently i'm a huge nerd that knows your wardrobe far too well! ha! just call me a gg-groupie!

Pixie in Pumps said...

the jeans look amazing! and I think many of us have broken the rules here and there. I'll be honest and say that I never intended to do the no shopping part of the challenge because I knew I'd be in places where they have stores I don't have. I've done minimal shopping, but I have shopped.

Lisa D. said...

It's okay. The new jeans look amazing on you. I've been struggling with the "no shopping" rule because I'm a deal-seeker, and when I find something that I've been searching for, and it's a good deal, and I know I'm going to end up spending more money on it if I wait...I get frustrated. I bought a hat right before the 30 for 30 because I had been wanting a hat forever! The hat I bought was too big, so I ended up returning it. I found another hat that I liked a few days after the challenge started, so I bought it. I considered it more like an exchange...since I returned the one that didn't fit. Does that make me a cheater, too? :)

thirtynothing said...

Love the jeans, and they look great on you. They're so close to the originals, and they still serve the same purpose - it's not like you swapped out skinny jeans for a new pencil skirt!

chai am woman said...

love the jeans! it's so hard to find a good pair of jeans so i don't blame you AT ALL. i'm sure i would've done the same :)

Daphne said...

Love your new pair. Jeans that don't feel comfy are no fun. I am sure Kandi will understand. Sale items are hard to pass by knowing they won't be there a month a later when you shop again.

Linda Rose said...

I totally would have never noticed and I don't mind at all. I'm sort of thinking of doing the same kind of thing since I have such a great discount at Anthro.
You look good even though you're a cheater. :)Ha ha ha!

Fashion Therapist said...

Oooh those jeans are too cute!!! I'm sure the swap was mandatory. :)

Ashley said...

Well girl, you gotta do what you gotta do. And personally, I think you made a good decision because those jeans look really really fabulous on you!

The Beauty Vixen said...

Even if I was gonna judge (which I really try not to do), you are so contrite that I wouldn't be able to. You are just the cutest! The jeans look great and I LOVE the necklace. Fear not...you are still loved.

Elisabeth said...

totally worth it. the zippers make them.

Law Mama said...

I think it was a worthy rule breaking... and how can you resist the Gap sale when you needed the jeans?

milk tea + polkadots said...

Love your chunky necklace! Where's it from?? Oh, and those new Essie colors are so pretty!

Jenny said...

Ha ha, I'm so not a rule breaker either! Love the new jeans and loving this look too!

Terri said...

I still love you--now, send me the old jeans.

Just kidding. I'm a fellow remixer wishing you well on the remaining challenge.

Alessandra said...

great jeans!

I made a similar mistake, buying a cheap pair right before the remix that I put in my 30 items and basically hate.

I haven't swapped them out just so I make sure I learn the lesson. But I can totally understand you!

karen★ said...

love the jeans...& because i'm only keeping up with you & jackie on this 30/30 thing, please consider permission granted for cheating a little bit. i also love the layered necklaces...looks great!

p.s. i think between all this catch up & your guest blogging, i've left you about 300 comments. i will try to leave you alone now!


 

site design by kelly christine studio