Monday, June 22, 2020

madewell try on session!

I've got some Madewell try ons for you from a recent order I placed... read on to find out sizing info on each piece, my thoughts on each piece and whether I decided to keep it. Quite a few of the items are on sale, so I will note that as well.


denim shorts (above & below)
Sizing: I am usually between a 26/27 with Madewell denim and I like my denim shorts to be a little roomy. I went with the 27. They are roomy indeed and maybe a touch too big, but I also like that they aren't constricting. You could definitely go with your usual size or go down if you are between sizes because I do think these run a little big. 
Thoughts: I started the spring/summer season by saying I was only going to buy one pair of denim shorts and that was the AGOLDE shorts (full review here) but I went back on my word. These were intriguing to me because they are a new cut for madewell and I love the relaxed feel. They have a button fly and are 100% cotton, so they won't stretch. 
Keep or return? The first time I tried them on I really didn't like them. But after styling them up a few times and realizing they really are so relaxed and comfortable I think these are keepers.

Shop the look:
(above) denim shorts, black top (runs big, size down), sandals
(below) denim shorts, t-shirt (true to size), Birkenstocks



striped sweater - on sale plus extra 35% off (above & below)
Sizing: I am in my usual size small. It's a bit oversized so if you were between sizes you may want to go down a size.
Thoughts: I am obsessed with this through and through. When I first saw it online I knew I had to have it and when it arrived it didn't disappoint. I love a summer sweater which kind of seems silly but it's perfect for overly AC'd spots, working from home or chilly evenings. 
Keep or return? Definitely keep! It's so summery and cute!

Shop the looks:
(above) striped sweater, jeans (on sale + extra 35% off), sandals
(below) striped sweater, joggers (color is black, though they are more of a dusty grey in person), birkentstocks



linen popover - on sale plus an extra 35% off! (above & below)

Sizing: This is an XS and fits perfectly, I would recommend going down one size.
Thoughts: I am really into woven tops lately. They feel a little more pulled together than a cotton tee and I am really craving a little extra something these days that they provide! This top is SUPER soft, has a great tunic length and is just gorgeous.
Keep or return? This piece is gorgeous and so classic. It's a keeper.

Shop the looks:
(above) linen popover, white jeans (runs big, I went down a size), sandals



neon sweatshirt (above)

This is a REPEAT since I already bought this sweatshirt once and wore it a TON. Then I ruined it with an awful stain that I tried repeatedly to get out.  I ended up re-buying it because seriously, that is how much I love it! It runs true to size or maybe a touch oversized, I am in my usual size small. You find see 6 ways to style it here.


 

site design by kiki co.