Tuesday, June 9, 2020

Agolde Parker Denim Shorts vs Everlane Cheeky Denim Shorts review!

The Agolde denim shorts were the HOT buy last summer and it's no big surprise they are back in a big way this summer too! In fact, they hardly seem to stay in stock anywhere. It's crazy how fast sizes sell out.  I actually bought a pair last summer and the sizing was off and I returned them. It wasn't until earlier this year I purchased them again and this time the sizing was perfect (I don't remember the size I ordered the first time) and I love them. Yes they are quite pricey for denim shorts but it's the only pair I've bought this year and I've already worn them a lot. They seem to get softer and fit better every time I wear them, so I see them being a staple in my closet for many more summers. Which helps justify the price.

Everlane just launched a their new Cheeky denim shorts and offered to send me a pair gifted. When they arrived I realized they are similar to the Agolde shorts at a really great price so I thought I would do a comparison here for you.  Conveniently the Everlane shorts are half the price and in stock in all sizes. Plus I have gotten lots of questions about Everlane jeans - which to be honest I have only tried one or two styles and found the sizing difficult to get right initially. So we will start with shorts and maybe move to jeans this fall!? Let's take a look at each pair.

above: denim shorts (left & right), blouse, striped sweater, sandals, bag



Agolde Parker (above) 

About: These are 100% cotton with a button fly. There is NO stretch but I have found that these have gotten softer and molded to my body the more I have worn them. So while you definitely don't think of having to 'break in' denim shorts, I definitely think it applies here and it's worth it too. I wouldn't say they have stretched out, just softened up.

Price: $$ - definitely pricey for denim shorts, but I think the value is there to justify it. This might not be everyone's opinion though.

Sizing: I am usually between a 26 & 27 in jeans. I have two pairs of Agolde jeans and always go with the 27. These shorts are size 27. Plus I like my denim shorts a little looser/roomier to give a more slouchy fit.


Everlane Cheeky (above)
About: These are 98% cotton and 2% elastane with a button fly.  The denim feels thick like a classic denim with just a touch of stretch making them very easy to wear.  

Price: $ - this pair is half the price of the Agolde pair making the price very affordable.

Sizing: I have not had much luck with Everlane denim and can't seem to get the sizing right. I always like to go up a size in denim shorts so they fit slouchier. So I went up to a 28 in these shorts. I probably could've done the 27 but a little extra room feels nice too.

 

site design by kiki co.