Monday, June 22, 2020

4 safe beauty treatments with immediate results!

I've never been as loyal and diligent with my beauty products as I have over the past three months. We are just starting to come out of the stay at home order here in Michigan and the combination of lots of extra time on my hands and spas being closed has me fully depending on at-home treatments. Today I am rounding up 4 of my favorite at home beauty treatments that give immediate results. And BONUS - they are all safe for your skin too!

Powerful ingredients doesn't have to equate to harsh or unsafe ingredients and these products prove that. Let's take a look at 4 of my favorite at home treatments that give immediate results and feel just like a trip to the spa!

(from left to right)

Drunk Elephant Babyfacial - I have raved about this product for years and it's still a favorite. I try to use it once per week for a deep clean and exfoliation. I use about 2-3 pumps to cover my entire face and one bottle lasts about a year for me at this pace. In the evening on clean skin you will experience a little tingling at first, then you let the product sit for 15-30 minutes. If you are just starting out with Babyfacial maybe even start with 10 minutes. Then I rinse with a warm washcloth. You will immediately feel softer and smoother skin. It's unlike any product I have tried before!  I also highly recommend this product if you struggle with acne. If I feel a pimple coming on I make sure to do this mask before bed. And sometimes my son will use it on his teenage acne breakouts. It works great at exfoliating blackheads too. (Note: If you have large areas of breakouts or open skin I would avoid this until your face is more healed as it can sting quite badly on open skin) After you rinse Drunk Elephant recommends following it with a simple facial oil (a small sample of their Marula Oil is included FREE in the box) or I use this one.

Goop Glow Microderm Instant Glow Exfoliator - This is a new-ish product to me in just the last 2 months or so. I've used it three times and each time I have been blown away by the results. The instructions say to gently scrub this exfoliator into damp skin. Then to let it sit for 5-10 minutes once it's been well massaged into the skin. Then I rinse with water (a washcloth doesn't get the microbeads off my skin as well as splashing my face with warm water) and do my entire PM skin care routine after. I know it's not great to touch your skin once it's clean - but I promise you, you will be so tempted to touch it because it's so unbelievably soft! I purchased the smaller size to start and so far I would guesstimate that it has about 6 uses.

Goop Glow 15% Glycolic Acid Overnight Peel- If you are all about the BURN when it comes to skincare treatments and love a product that really packs a punch - this is the one for you! In the evening you will wash your face and then apply this overnight peel.  When you open the packet there is one product soaked cotton applicator that you slip on two fingers like a little puppet and then sweep over your face. One side has a harsher cotton texture and one side has a softer texture. You can alternate between the two sides as you like. Then after that - you don't touch it! It tingles and burns (a good burn, I promise!) initially and then becomes kind of dry and sticky. I don't love the stickiness, but for the results I am willing to put up with it. You don't apply any other products for the night and wait to rinse it off in the morning. Again, the stickiness wasn't my favorite (it had disappeared by morning) but when I woke up my skin was soft and smooth and definitely had that GLOW! (don't worry, your skin won't actually "peel" after using this - or it shouldn't)

Counter+ Overnight Resurfacing Peel - While the other three products are for use once a week or every other week - this is something I use almost everynight (but I wouldn't combine it with any other treatment here in this post). You can see the full order of products I do every evening here to see how I incorporate it.  You will notice that your skin is softer after only one use! But what I love the most is that over the long term you will see amazing results too. Not only does this product work to make your skin glowy and reduce fine lines it also does amazing at keeping acne away. I have used this religiously for 2 years (-ish!?!?) and have seen my adult acne clear up almost completely. This is also great for teens to use for acne as well. You definitely want to be using it 2-3 nights a week minimum to be seeing long term effects. Plus, it's about half the price of it's competitor and doesn't have the harsh scent.

 

site design by kiki co.