Monday, February 10, 2020

jeans I love, the series: the skinny Madewell!

Today my series on the jeans I LOVE continues with the most classic and simple pair I own! I'm excited to share these jeans which you have likely seen here on the blog before, but that merit a deep dive! Jeans are a huge part of my mom-on-the-go wardrobe and while I love wearing them they can be difficult to shop for and really tricky to find those elusive "perfect" pairs. With this series I hope to make shopping for the PERFECT pair of jeans a little easier for you. So far we have covered my ideal straight leg pair here and my most worn black pair here. You can check out these entire series here and I will be adding more styles soon! Today we are talking about the most comfortable and no frills pair I own.... let's get to it!

10" High Rise Skinny by Madewell (shop them here or here)

What I Love: So by now you probably have figured out that I really enjoy Madewell jeans. They are a great price point, always flattering and the classic styles are perfect for my taste.  This pair is by far my most worn and my most comfortable. With the perfect amount of stretch and the perfect high rise at 10" this is a super flattering pair too. They also boast Madewell's "magic pockets" that are designed to suck you in at all the right places. I love the simple blue wash too - it all amounts to an ultra classic, wear any where jean. You can easily dress these up for the office or down with sneakers for the weekend.

Sizing Tips: I am usually between a 26 and a 27 in Madewell jeans. For this pair I am in the 27. As a general rule with Madewell jeans I go for the bigger size. They do stretch a touch but I don't love overly tight skinny jeans. These jeans were a touch long on me, so I cut the hem myself. So keep in mind that these come with a classic hem, I made mine into a raw hem with scissors. I am 5'4 for reference and prefer my jeans to hit right above the ankle bone.

Stretch: The best stretch ever! These jeans have the most stretch out of all of my jeans and while with some brands stretch means that they start stretching and never stop and end up stretched out, this pair perfectly keeps it's stretch for multiple wears.  They are extremely comfortable in my opinion.

How I like to wear them: You can see below that you can dress these jeans up with loafers, ankle boot, flats or go casual with sneakers. I love pairing them with oversized sweaters, but they work well with fitted sweaters for a more sleek look. The options are endless here!


(above) 
jeans (shop them here or here), sweater (runs big, size down), sneakers (runs big, size down), bag


(above)
jeans (shop them here or here), coat, embellished sweatshirt, similar leopard shoes here or here, similar circle bag

(above) jeans (shop them here or here), sweater (runs big, size down), flats, tote

(above) jeans (shop them here or here), sweater (runs big, size down), similar leopard shoes here or here, bag is Polene shop similar here


 

site design by kiki co.