Tuesday, February 11, 2020

new arrivals: Madewell!

New arrivals at my favorite retailers are the kind of window shopping that gives me LIFE this time of year. Ugh, its so cold and grey and these new arrivals feel fresh and hint just a touch at spring to give some inspiration to get through these final months of winter.

The newness at Madewell is definitely good! I'm loving the simple neutrals that can easily be worn now with layers or dark jeans and later with white jeans and less layers. Let's take a look at a few pieces that have caught my eye recently.


top row, from left:
square neck blouse, this is GORGEOUS and would be beautiful with black jeans or blue jeans now and white jeans or skirts later this spring. The open neck reminds me that while I love turtlenecks, it will be nice to ditch them for warmer weather!
leopard headband, this is SO cute! Wear it now with sweaters and jeans and later with simple dresses or shorts!
petal embroidered sweatshirt, this is an adorable hint at both spring and Valentines with dainty flower petals embroidered into this sweatshirt. Some of the petals make hearts so it's perfect for Valentines but not overtly "valentines-y". 

middle row, from left:
white straight leg jeans, I have a new pair of white jeans on my spring wishlist, this new cut in white looks CUTE! 
long sleeve dress, I am SO ready for dress season! This one would be perfect once the weather warms a little here in Michigan. If you live somewhere warmer you could definitely start wearing it now! I think it would be great layered with a denim jacket or even a long cardigan. 
cross body bag, this cross body style is so versatile and the woven strap in black and white is such a fun touch!

bottom row, from left:
animal print tote, the transport tote from Madewell is the absolute perfect size tote in my opinion. I LOVE this leopard pattern which is so fun for winter or spring and it's a great price. 
black cardigan, wearing a button front cardigan like this one as a pullover is my new favorite. Wear it buttoned up and tucked into jeans now with ankle boots and wear it unbuttoned with a tank top and sneakers later this spring. 
petal print pajamas, this adorable print is too cute to resist! These pjs are just what I need after a winter of wearing 10 layers to bed - haha!


 

site design by kiki co.