Thursday, February 6, 2020

jeans I love, the series: black button fly skinnies!

This month I'm going to be reviewing some of my favorite denim here on the blog! Jeans are SUCH a staple in my everyday wear - it's pretty much all I wear, minus leggings - and while I love them so much, I think we can all agree... finding that perfect pair can be difficult. That's why this month I'm highlighting the pairs I love, the pairs that I can't live without and the pairs that are my tried and true. I first highlighted the Madewell Stovepipe Jean here - and sticking with other Madewell denim I love today we are chatting these black button front skinny jeans also by Madewell (shop them here or here).  These are my "ahhhhhh..." jeans... the ones I can always slip on and feel like a million bucks in. I'm pretty sure they have formed to my body at this point since I wear them SO much. If you don't own a pair of black jeans or you are looking to add a new pair to your wardrobe, I can't recommend these enough. You can find tall or petite sizes here too.

Black Skinny Button Front by Madewell

What I Love: These black jeans (shop them here or here) are my number one go-to when I don't know what to wear but still want to look great. I find them to be incredibly flattering and always make me feel super pulled together. Plus, as a mom on the go you never have to worry about stains, ya know? This pair is high waisted and stretchy and pulls you in at all the right places. The button fly and distressed hem are both fun extra details that also make them unique.

Sizing tip: I am usually between a size 26 and 27 in jeans at Madewell. This pair (shop them here or here) is a 26. I would say to go down a size if you are between sizes. I got the regular length and I am 5'4 for reference.

Stretch? Yep! This pair (shop them here or here) has the perfect amount. Not too much and not too little. Which makes them incredibly comfortable AND flattering.

How I like to wear them: I usually end up going a little more "dressy" with my outfits when black jeans are involved. As you can see from these photos I pulled from the archives that I am usually in flats or loafers when I wear these black jeans (shop them here or here)... but sneakers work too! So don't be afraid to dress them down a bit!


(above) see the full post here


(above) see full post here

(above) see full post here

(above) see full post here





 

site design by kiki co.