Thursday, February 21, 2019

six ways to style a t-shirt dress for spring!

Today I am back with another fun SIX WAYS to style series! Today I am styling up a t-shirt dress 6 ways... by far one of the MOST requested item to feature for spring has been simple everyday dresses for spring. And believe me - that is one of the number one items on my spring wishlist too! So I am working constantly on searching them out and finding cute options. This is just one option - I hope to feature more over the coming weeks!

Today I am featuring this really cute and simple t-shirt dress. It's available in black, army green and stripes. I loved it so much I snagged it in both the striped version and the army green version. I know both will be getting tons of wear this spring and summer and of course for spring break as well. The fabric is a thicker t-shirt material, almost like a very thin sweatshirt. The fabric is a great weight and doesn't cling with a classic short sleeve.  This dress would be GREAT on it's own... there's no need to fancy it up because it can definitely stand on it's own or would be a great swim cover up as well.  But for the sake of proving how versatile it is I also styled it up a few ways in case you need an extra layer for chilly spring days or cool nights while traveling on spring break.  I found the sizing to be a little tricky as the dress runs quite large. I first ordered a size XS (down from my usual small at most retailers) and found even that to be a little too big for me. So I ended up going back for the XS petite and I feel like it fits perfectly!  So keep in mind that sizing detail when ordering.

If you are waffling on what color to buy I styled each dress, the striped version and the green version,  in similar ways so you can see how each would look.   These outfits are by no means rocket science or anything fancy or complicated! But they are EXACTLY how I would style this dress myself - simple, classic and comfortable combos for casual days or weekend days busy with mom-duties and working from home. I hope you enjoy these six looks, and excuse my white legs - I sure do need a tan (and a vacation, wink, wink)!



Outfit 1 & 2
above & below: For these looks I paired this ponte moto jacket - this jacket is the perfect spring alternative to a leather moto jacket.  Being much lighter than leather but still offering some warmth and a nice silhouette this ponte jacket is a definite favorite of mine for spring.  I love the moto jacket paired with both the striped dress AND the green dress.  With the green dress (above) I went a little dressier with a pair of mule loafers (also, why are my eyes closed!?!? haha! Bloggers in real life here people!).  When it came to the striped dress (below) I went for a sportier look with sneakers (or less expensive option).  I absolutely LOVE both looks - but the sneaker option below is something I can see myself wearing a TON.



Outfit 3 & 4
above & below: I love a simple dress paired with a cardigan for spring and even for summer. For those cool spring mornings, cool evenings on spring break or even overly air conditioned offices or stores in the summer having a lightweight cardigan on hand is super helpful and a fun addition to any outfit.  Paired with the green dress I chose a basic beige cardigan (similar, the exact is from last year) and classic sandals for an easy on the go look.  With the striped dress I chose a pale pink cardigan along with my gold Birkenstock sandals (which are back in stock!).  Either of these looks are great for busy moms or for tourist activities like shopping or sight seeing on spring break.



Outfit 5 & 6
above & below: I wear my denim jacket SO much in the spring. Probably too much if that is a thing. This denim jacket is more distressed but any denim jacket you have on hand would be cute (even a black, white or pink denim jacket would be great!). I paired it with a little handkerchief style scarf from last season for a little added flair - I love this style of scarf.  With the green dress I paired the outfit with espadrilles which again are perfect for a casual spring day or sightseeing while on vacation.  With the striped dress I went with a fun pair of silver sandals - this look would be adorable for brunch or lunch with friends or simply running errands.


So which look did you love the best? I would love to know! Stay tuned for more 6 ways to style posts for spring - I've got some more fun posts coming up!  In the meantime, be sure to check out past posts  too like six ways to style leggings, a leather moto jacket and a chambray shirt.   To see videos of all the looks in person be sure to follow me on Instagram and check out my Instagram stories for videos of each look!


 

site design by kiki co.