Thursday, December 6, 2018

my everyday style: 6 ways to style my newest obsession!

So confession time: I'm super obsessed with black leggings lately. Like it might be overboard at this point. If you follow me on Instagram you know I have been raving about a CERTAIN pair of leggings lately... like, I pretty much wear them everyday, or wish! I've always been a little hesitant about the "athleisure" trend but lately it's DEFINITELY my jam. With all this cold and gloomy weather I just want to be comfortable but still look cute. I've realized these leggings give the best of both worlds - cute, comfortable and SUPER flattering!

If you are really feeling the black legging look lately here is a quick run down of the pairs I am loving now... by they way, these are all SUPER affordable too! No $100 leggings here...

THIS pair is for working out or weekend errands. They are a GREAT price, super slimming and never see through. Plus, they don't fall down during workouts (what's up with leggings always needing to be yanked up while working out?).  This pair has been on the blog before here. (this pair runs true to size, I wear a small)

THIS pair is the pair I sleep in and lounge around the house in pretty much every night. They are insanely soft and stretchy and UNDER $20. I mean, I just had to buy three pairs, right!?! But seriously, if you need a lounge legging that doubles for sleep and dropping the kids at school, this is the pair for you.  This pair has been on the blog before here. (this pair runs true to size, I wear a small)

And finally THIS is the pair I am wearing in each of the photos in this post. They are perfect for both lounging AND dressing up for an outfit.  They are perfect for winter because they are quite warm and since I'm either out and about in a huge coat (can't see my outfit anyway) OR home in slippers - I am comfortable and still cute! I wore this on the plane and all over Disney when we were there over Thanksgiving. And if anything passes the Disney test, it's a real winner. (this pair runs true to size, I wear a small)

(above) Outfit 1
Leggings with a long cardigan (I'm wearing a 4 here for reference) are such a no-brainer.  It's comfortable, it's warm, it's cute. Here I paired the leggings with a simple blouse and flats (similar). This is perfect for running errands, a casual day at work or for weekend wear. 

(above) Outfit 2
This look is my go-to winter errands look right now. A cozy half zip fleece and leggings are perfect layers for in and out of the car (hot, cold, hot, cold!) a million times. I like to pair a lightweight sweater under the fleece, but if the weather is warmer where you live a tee or tank will work too!  Then the sneakers that are also Disney approved and so comfy!

(above) Outfit 3
Another more dressed up look... this is one of my favorites! These leggings paired with a chambray top and a cape/shawl is the perfect pulled-together-mom-on-the-go look. Paired with loafers this look is classic and beautiful while still being crazy comfortable. My ideal outfit! 

(above) Outfit 4
When in doubt... wear leggings with an oversized sweater and ankle boots (shop similar ankle boots here). This winter look is cozy, comfortable and most importantly super easy to layer a coat over.  Because, ugh, winter.

(above) Outfit 5
Here I have another legging and cardigan (shop similar cardigans here) combination because I could literally wear this everyday and I could also pull together about 50 variations of this look.  It's the outfit I wear when I just don't know what to wear and I always love it. I love this simple henley for layering and these flats have been the stand-by in my closet forever and I still wear them all the time.

(above) Outfit 6
This is another athleisure-ish look with leggings and classic sneaks. This splatter paint sweatshirt (shop more unique sweatshirts here) is super fun and I can not resist a cozy and soft sweatshirt. This is my ideal weekend outfit... Starbucks runs, reading on the sofa, running a few errands. I could live in this outfit. 

Which is your favorite look? I would love to know! And you can shop more SPANX leggings here.


 

site design by kiki co.