Wednesday, February 6, 2019

6 ways to style a MOTO JACKET!

My "six ways to style" continues today with the MOTO JACKET!  So far I have styled Spanx leggings and a chambray shirt 6 ways... if you haven't seen those posts yet, make sure to check them out! This series is a fun way to showcase the versatility of a wardrobe piece and how to shop your closet to take simple wardrobe basics and make them WORK for you in your closet.

I've always been a firm believer that the basics are what make or break your wardrobe. Having lots of wardrobe staples on hand can help make getting dressed SO much easier. There's no need to overcomplicate your wardrobe - basics mix and match so easily and make getting out of the door quickly while still feeling amazing a SNAP!  Whatever your day calls for a moto jacket can easily be dressed up or down. If the weather was warmer I would showcase ways to wear it with a dress or shorts even... so we may have to revisit this one for spring. But for today I have six easy outfits featuring a Moto jacket for cool or cold days... depending on where you live.

Let's talk about this moto jacket quick... I've owned this one for over a year. It's a great classic piece that you will own and wear for a long time. I found the jacket to be true to size, I am wearing a size small.


~~~

Outfit 1
above: This is probably my most go-to outfit when it comes to styling a moto jacket. I depend on this look often for an easy and stylish outfit QUICK. Simply pairing a v-neck tee (of any color of your choice!) and jeans with sneakers is perfect for a day of running errands or mom duties. (shop the pieces: moto jacket, v-neck tee, jeans, sneakers or less expensive option, similar necklace)


Outfit 2
above: A moto jacket can act as an actual jacket for cool days or it also works as a third piece like blazer for a creative office environment or to add some style to any look.  For this look I paired black jeans with a button front blouse for a date night, creative office or any event you want to feel more dressed up.  (shop the pieces: moto jacket, blouse, jeans, flats, bag)


Outfit 3
above: Florals were big for fall last year and they are definitely going to be back in a big way for spring. I love pairing florals with a moto jacket - it's such a fun juxtaposition of feminine and tomboy. Here I paired it with cropped jeans and loafers. This is another great business casual look or perfect for a creative work place. I love this look for a girls night out or for lunch with the ladies. (shop the pieces: moto jacket, similar floral top, cropped jeans, loafers)



Outfit 4
above: When you want to stay cute but also stay warm I love pairing a sweater with a moto jacket. Here I chose a lightweight cashmere sweater so it's not too bulky to layer and ankle boots. This is a perfect everyday winter look or even a fun winter date night look. (shop the pieces: moto jacket, sweater, jeans, ankle boots, clutch)


Outfit 5
above: If you are feeling super casual but you just need one piece to pull it together - this look is for you! What else is easier than jeans and a sweatshirt!?!? Nothing! Then just pop a moto jacket on top and voila! You are living your best life (wink, wink). (shop the pieces: moto jacket, similar jeans, sweatshirt, slip on sneakers)


Outfit 6
above: I love wearing a moto jacket when I travel because it's a comfortable extra layer that is bulky to pack - so it's easier to wear. This outfit is the PERFECT travel outfit - a soft striped tunic, leggings and sneakers make for the perfect travel outfit. (shop the pieces: moto jacket, striped tunic, Spanx leggings, sneakers, similar bag)


Okay now tell me... which is your favorite look? I would love to know! Also head on over to my Instagram Stories today to see these outfits in action. And stay tuned for my next 6 ways to style post... soon these will start looking more spring-like and I can't wait!

 

site design by kiki co.