Thursday, January 24, 2019

6 ways to style... a chambray shirt!

I recently posted 6 ways to style Spanx leggings and you gals LOVED that post! You can see the post here if you missed it. I thought I would do another similar post where I shop my closet and style one piece SIX ways, so I asked for your input on Instagram Stories earlier this week.  I was overwhelmed with the response! Hundreds of you guys voted for which item I should style up and I tallied ALL of the results and the chambray top was a clear winner!!!

I have LOVED chambray in all forms (tops, dresses, shorts, etc) for years. It's an absolutely classic and a great wardrobe staple to have on hand. I wear mine (almost) all year round and this time of year it's especially great to have on hand because it's great for layering. I pulled together 6 outfits all by shopping my closet with items I already own - so some items may be sold out but I will link similar items.  ENJOY these six looks, I hope they make getting dressed easier for you in the coming days. This is the time of year when our winter wardrobe feel a little drab, so it's always fun to mix it up and try new outfits with pieces we already own. I know there are quite a few looks here I can't wait to wear myself. It's almost impossible to choose a favorite because I genuinely love them all.


~~~

Outfit 1 (above)
Okay I just LOVE this look for everyday winter wear. It's easy and WARM and so classic.  I paired a chambray top with skinny jeans, ankle boots and a cardigan.  Talk about easy! When I pair chambray with denim I always try to make sure the tones contrast - so here I went darker with the jeans than the top. (shop the pieces: chambray top, cardigan, ankle boots - on sale!, jeans, bag)



Outfit 2 (above)
This look is the PERFECT look for winter weekends, errands, sitting in the stands for kids sports... I could go on. It's COMFORTABLE and the multiple layers make it perfect for going in and out of the car. You can easily shed layers as needed.  I layered a turtleneck tee UNDER the chambray and then a utility jacket over top.  Then I paired it all with my FAVORITE Spanx leggings and sneakers.  (shop the pieces: jacketchambray top, turtleneck tee, leggings, sneakers, cross body bag)



Outfit 3 (above)
I'm pretty sure I've worn this exact outfit before... it's so easy comfortable. Again this one is perfect for running errands, staying extra cozy on a winter day or heading out to kids sports. I love the fleece over the chambray top and jeans.  The Ugg wedge boots are so comfortable and great for all winter conditions. (shop the pieces: fleecechambray top, skinny jeans, ankle boots, similar bag)



Outfit 4 (above)
This outfit has some fun pattern play with camo ankle jeans and a leopard clutch. This look is so fun for a girls lunch, date night or even a casual day at the office (if your office will allow it).  If you aren't into camo jeans you could also easily swap for just a pair of olive green jeans or chinos. (shop the pieces: chambray top, leopard clutch, similar or similar camo jeans, loafers, similar tortoise shell earrings)



Outfit 5 (above)
I am such a sucker for black jeans that this is quite possibly my favorite of the bunch! Here I paired a chambray top with black jeans and black flats. SO EASY! To keep warm I added an oversized black scarf and a fun little cross body makes this perfect for a date night or looking chic on the go! (shop the pieces: chambray top, similar scarf, jeans, flats, cross body bag)



Outfit 6 (above)
My GO-TO for chambray has always been to pair it with white denim. I think some version of this look has been on the blog multiple times. If you have warm weather travel coming up I highly recommend packing this look for dinner out or a day of shopping. I love this combo paired with a basket clutch and these twist sandals. (shop the pieces: chambray topwhite jeans, basket tote - similar for less!, twist sandals)




So tell me... now that you have seen leggings styled six ways and a chambray top styled six ways... would you like to see more? Once a month? Every other week? I'm thinking of making this a regular feature! So let me know!

Also I had my son put together a little video of my Instagram Stories try on session here... it's not something I usually do but hopefully it's fun and helpful to see the outfits in action!


 

site design by kiki co.