Monday, February 18, 2019

my everyday style: athleisure love + my honest review of Golden Goose sneakers!

Hey peeps! Happy Monday! Today we are chatting athleisure and all the nitty-gritty details of my Golden Goose sneakers... I've gotten quite a few questions on them and I am going give my honest opinion on them.

I was and still am a little hesitant to jump on the athleisure trend... I've always been in the camp that workout clothes are for workouts. But lately my opinion on athleisure has been shifting. For me, sports bras and tanks will always only be for workouts... they just aren't my favorite pieces of clothing. But leggings, now leggings are another story. Over the past year or so I've added so many really amazing leggings to my wardrobe that not only make me feel really confident (they suck you in so good!) but are also just SO DANG COMFORTABLE that I have definitely been incorporating them into my wardrobe more and more (for a full run down of my favorite BLACK leggings, check out this post).  So my idea of the perfect athleisure look lately is leggings and sneakers with cute and comfy tops. It's a formula I love for the busiest of days since I find the ease and comfort of leggings and sneakers to, oddly enough, be like a little a little pep talk whispering to me "you can do this" to help me get through the day.  Whether it's a weekend day of errands and kids' sports or a weekday where I feel like I need three of me - leggings are my little cheerleader.  And you know, sometimes us moms need a wing-woman.

This outfit was perfect for a weekend day where I needed to run all the errands, be all the things and reset life for another busy week. These leggings are a definite favorite. They are soft as butter, such a gorgeous grey color and are super flattering too.  I've had them for a while and they are hard to find in stock most of the time... the GOOD NEWS is that I found the exact dupe for these at a much better price! So lucky you! (I tried them on here if you want to see how close they are in comparison)  I loved pairing them with this fun side slit sweatshirt with a striped tee underneath.  This was one of those outfits that once I got to the end of the day I didn't want to take it off... I still loved it!

Okay let's talk about GOLDEN GOOSE SNEAKERS, shall we??  Here's the backstory... I had seen them around and my first thought was "who would buy sneakers at that price... much less one's that looked like they were used?"  But the more I saw them around and on other bloggers I really started loving them.  They are super hip, they seem to go with any outfit and as far as sneakers go they were quite attractive and not frumpy or clunky.  The more I researched them the more I fell in love with all the crazy styles and unique designs.  For Christmas I told my husband NO GIFTS - except one. I wanted these crazy sneakers.  He was game and at first I wondered if I was crazy.  Let's all admit they are CRAZY expensive. And I don't tend to splurge on big ticket items like that often.

So in the end... do I think that Golden Goose sneakers are WORTH IT? Listen - only you can decide when it comes to designer duds if something is worth it.  But I will say this: I do not regret buying them, I wear them MORE than I thought I would and if I had to do it all over again... I would buy them again.  So, for ME they are worth it. Again you have to decide for yourself.

Here is what I love about them... The unique designs and the fact that they are handmade in Italy make each pair like little works of art.  If you start shopping around for Golden Goose sneakers you will see that there are so many fun and crazy designs. The sky is the limit. They feel super hip but also are not out of my league as a 40 year old.  I count that as a win.  Another thing I love is how comfortable they are. On a scale from 1 to 10 (one being stiletto heels and 10 being orthopedic shoes) I put them at a solid 8. I wore them to the airport for travel - which is always a resounding vote of comfort - and walked over 5 miles in them on vacation when we were in Phoenix. Golden Goose sneakers definitely get the comfort vote from me.  Two other features that aren't obvious by looking at them that I love are that they have a small wedge in the heel.  So you get about an inch or maybe even an inch and a half of height from them - which is great for short gals like me!  The other feature I love is that they are lined with terry cloth.  Think of your favorite cozy bath towel and that is the lining.  I mean, who ever thought of this genius idea deserves some praise.  Especially for those of us that don't like wearing socks (me!) it's an extra dash of comfort.  I have worn them both with no-show socks (these are my favorite) and no socks and personally I prefer no socks, but either works!

The only thing I have against them is their price. I mean, it's steep.  But I am also the one who is over here jonesing for another pair.  So!?!? You win, Golden Goose, you win.  A few girls I've talked to say they are like an addiction... you start with one pair and then instantly fall in love and want to start collecting them. I am seeing how this can happen first hand. Yikes! And if you keep an eye on them they do go on sale from time to time.  You can get them in a very basic style like this pair, or more crazy like this glitter pair! I also love this animal print!

Let me know if you have any questions about my Golden Goose - I am happy to answer them!










Shop the pieces:
Sweatshirt - I'm in a size small, it's a little oversized!
Leggings - my pair is sold out, but this pair is almost exact and less expensive!



 

site design by kiki co.