Thursday, February 14, 2019

my everyday style: follow your heart!

Happy Valentine's Day friends! I have loved this holiday ever since I can remember!  I still have such fond memories of the Valentine's Day parties at school and my mom always did a little something special for us on this day like bake cupcakes.  I love doing the same for my kids and husband on Valentine's too! Some candy, some treats and maybe a small little gift go a long way - especially this time of year when winter has us down and at the grey days are endless.

How are you celebrating the day? I always like to do a little something special to spoil myself as well. I scheduled a massage for myself today - I can't wait! And while I try to eat healthy about 95% of the time - I will enjoy some pizza and wine and treats tonight for sure. Valentine's is a little ray of sunshine in this terribly gloomy time of year.

I also happen to be a sucker for HEARTS - it's my most used emoji (of course!) and any time I find a shirt or top with a heart on it I fall instantly in love (pun intended). So when I saw this heart sweater I knew it would get a ton of wear not only in the days leading up to Valentine's but beyond that as well. Since it's grey and white it's versatile enough to be worn past the holiday. I think it would be super cute with white jeans too.  When it's snowy I usually don't leave the house without winter boots but I've been so sick of them lately I had to pull out the sneakers... which MIGHT have been a mistake but I will never admit it.

ANYWAY, I hope above all that you enjoy this day and get spoiled by those you love, take some time to spoil those you love and also of course to spoil yourself... you deserve it!









Outfit Details:



 

site design by kiki co.