Thursday, June 12, 2014

my everyday style: eyelet shorts!

These eyelet shorts are by far one of my favorite summer pieces… I'm not going to lie, I was super excited to break these out this year! Don't you love those types of pieces?  They feel a little bit "homey" and make the change in the seasons fun.  While I love to buy new clothes seasonally, there is always something a little special about pulling out the old favorites from seasons past as well.  Don't you think?

Blue and white has got to be one of my all time favorite color combos for outfits lately. I always say it's black and white, but then when I go to get dressed each morning blue (any and all shades) is what I more naturally gravitate towards. For instance: this outfit, this outfit and this outfit.  Do you have natural tendencies like that as well?

So naturally this blue and white outfit with a touch of eyelet and casual loose layers is one of my favorites. I never would have thought an oxford would be such a great summer piece… but with the sleeves rolled up (or rolled up further) it's as breezy as a t-shirt and I would say even more comfortable.





 (photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Details:
Top, H&M (similar, similar or similar)
Shorts, Forever 21 (last summer - but similar, similar or similar less expensive)
Denim Jacket, American Eagle - ℅ (last fall - but similar)
Sandals, Sole Society
Watch, Michael Kors - on sale! (or similar less expensive)

see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.