Thursday, May 29, 2014

my everyday style: a summer sweater!

This summer I am totally digging a lightweight summer sweater.  They are a touch more flattering and refined than tanks and tees and go great with a pair of shorts for running errands, etc especially when you are in and out of air conditioning all day. 

I randomly found this one at H&M recently and I love it's shirttail hem that is longer in the back and a little shorter in the front and it's boxy shape keeps you cool since it's not clinging to you.  This is one of those tops I would go back and buy multiples of for sure.  I've even worn this sweater with an oxford underneath… so it layers well too for cooler days. 

Shorts so often get paired with tees and sandals - so I thought it would be fun to wear flats and a sweater instead.  Sometimes mixing things up is just what we need in our wardobe to keep it feeling fresh and new - even when wearing tried and true pieces.






photos by Jennifer Ketchum

Details:
Sunglasses, Ray Ban
Sweater, H&M - only $19.95!
Shorts, Gap
Bag, Sole Society (old but similar or similar on sale)
Watch, Daniel Wellington - ℅ 
Shoes, J.Crew Factory - love these shoes so much I am thinking about buying them in nude too!
Earrings, Dear Pru


see you around...

 

site design by kiki co.