Friday, June 19, 2020

#ootd 14!

Mood: Feeling those summer vibes. Craving the beach. Diversifying my summer reading list.*



swim cover upnavy swimsuitearringssandalsstraw totesunglasses

(*today I am featuring four Black authors and their books that I have enjoyed, please comment with any recommendations of Black authors or authors of color that you may have, I would love to hear them!)

Their Eyes Were Watching God by Zora Neal Hurston (I read this in college and I'm due for a re-read.)

Royal Holiday by Jasmine Guillory (A fun and light royal-inspired novel, the perfect summer read!)

Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie (A story of two Nigerians arriving in both the US and the UK to make their own way and later meet again in their homeland.)

The Water Dancer by Ta-Nehisi Coates (I'm currently listening on audio and really enjoying the story and the narration.)


 

site design by kiki co.