Friday, May 22, 2020

6 ways to style: Memorial Day weekend outfits!

I'm slowly but surely getting "dressed" more and more these days... and it feels really good. I still take a few days for pjs all day (because we will miss those days once they aren't possible anymore!) and I'm definitely still leaning on joggers and leggings for comfy days. But the days I get dressed I can tell I feel better and more optimistic.

I thought it would be fun to pull together 6 outfits to wear this holiday weekend. It won't feel like a usual Memorial Day for so many reasons, but it's still the UNOFFICIAL start of summer and a long weekend to be enjoyed with family and outdoors. We still have that even if pools, visits to the lake and vacations aren't happening.

I started pulling looks together and realized about 2 looks in that blue and white was a definite theme... and I loved it so much, I just kept going. Blue and white is so classic for summer - so what better way to kick off the summer season!


Outfit 1 (above)
This blue and white blouse just screams summer! It's so billowy and soft and perfect with jeans or shorts (seen here) and would double well as a swim cover up too. It works perfectly with skinny jeans and sandals for an easy weekend or everyday look.
Shop the look: top (runs a little big, I am in my usual size small), jeans, sandals

Outfit 2 (above)
Give me ALLLLL the stripes for summer. I just love them and this bell sleeve sweater is perfection. Perfectly soft and lightweight for the season. I love it paired with white jeans for an ultra crisp look.
Shop the look: sweater (true to size, I am in size small), jeans (runs big, I went down a size), sandals

Outfit 3 (above)
If you have qualms about wearing white before Memorial Day then the time has come! It's time to break out all the whites! This simple white tank dress is perfectly casual and not see through. It works great with a denim jacket. 
Shop the look: dress (true to size, I am in a small), denim jacket (true to size, I am in a small), sandals

Outfit 4 (above)
The tie dye craze is one I was a little hesitant about - but now I am LOVING it! It's fun and frivolous and colorful and just the thing to boost my mood right now. This sweatshirt keeps going in and out of stock... but stalking it is so worth it! It's darling.
Shop the look: sweatshirt (true to size, I am in a size small), shorts (true to size), Birkenstock's 

Outfit 5 (above)
Perfect for morning coffee runs, dog walks or chilly evenings this lightweight sweater is so soft and cozy. It's the perfect weight for spring and summer. I love it with shorts and sneakers. 
Shop the look: sweater (true to size, I am in a size small), shorts (I went up a size), sneakers (if between sizes, go down a half size - that is what I did)

Outfit 6 (above)
Classic always wins! Nothing ushers in summer like a crisp linen button front top (I tied the front of mine) and light wash jeans. I paired the entire look with wrap sandals and voila - so easy and ready for lunch on the patio!
Shop the look: linen top (true to size, I am in a size 2 and it fits like a small), jeans (true to size), similar sandals


 

site design by kiki co.