Tuesday, May 19, 2020

target try on session!

I've got a super fun Target try on session for you all today! I grabbed a few items there recently and I was pleasantly surprised (Target does it again...) by how many super cute pieces I found. The fitting rooms are closed at my store still but I prefer to try stuff on at home anyway. I grabbed a few cute options, though I could've snagged so many more but sizes were very limited and I can't wait to show them to you today. I was really impressed with the fabric and quality on all of these pieces. I mean, just when you think Target is at its peak... it goes higher. Let's take a look at the pieces...


First off this piece is DARLING. Perfect for spring with short sleeves on a sweatshirt and the puff sleeves are just right, not being too big or too small. I had a hunch when I snagged this that it might be too small... and indeed it is a touch too small for me. It doesn't show in the photos so much, but it just feels a little small on the arms and shoulders. I am in my usual size small, so you may want to size up one - this was the only size available in store, so I took what I could get. It's the perfect everyday casual piece with jeans, shorts or it would be cute with joggers too.
Shown with: jeans, Birkenstocks 



short sleeve eyelet blouse (above & below)
I mean, who can resist eyelet for spring? This top is adorable and if you are looking for a super lightweight top for HOT summer days, this is a great option. It's a touch see through, although only as much as is shown in the photos. So it's not offensive at all. The ruffle sleeves are adorable too. This is a size small, my usual size and it fits perfect. 



rust eyelet sleeve (above & below)
This top! I am obsessed! The t-shirt and eyelet mix here is perfection and I love that the sleeves are a little longer. This rusty gold color is so on trend right now and a gorgeous neutral. I paired it with white jeans but it would work well with black jeans, blue jeans or denim shorts too. This is available in a few colors. I am in a size medium here (it was the closest they had to my size) and it fits perfectly. So I recommend going up one size. 
Shown with: white jeans



This is another piece I am just obsessed with... it's the perfect lightweight blouse for summer. It's soft and perfectly flowy. I love it with shorts but you could wear it with white jeans too. Or dress it up with dark blue jeans and flats for a casual office look. I also envision it as a great swim cover up. So really versatile! I am in my usual size small which is a touch oversized, but fits perfectly in my option. 
Shown with: shorts (I went up one size), sandals, similar circle bag



black puff sleeve top (above & below)
I mean, just another super darling everyday t-shirt with puff sleeves! I love that these sleeves are elastic, but not tight on the arm and the fabric is a little dressier than a standard t-shirt but still perfect for everyday wear. I would describe it as a thicker t-shirt material with a gauzy finish.  I styled it casual, but this would be adorable for a summer date night (who else is super overdue for a date night!?!) paired with some bold earrings. I am in my usual size small here, it fits true to size. 



This is GORGEOUS in person. The lining is from the waist to the knee (which felt a little odd) and while I first snagged this as a possible beach cover up (think: when you've had too much sun or for sunsets) after I tried it on I realized it might be a touch dressier than that. But would still work. If you had summer events like graduation parties or baby showers to attend this would be stunning - sadly, a lot of those are cancelled, but just to give you an idea of where I would wear this. I am in a size XS, so it runs very big, you will definitely want to size down.
Shown with: tote (exact tote keeps going in and out of stock, this one is similar), sandals - on sale!





 

site design by kiki co.