Wednesday, February 12, 2020

jeans I love, the series: the AGOLDE Riley!

The "jeans I love" series continues today... so far we have covered a couple of Madewell brand jeans (the Stovepipe, black skinnies and classic skinnies) which are a definite favorite! Today we are switching gears and covering a different brand - AGOLDE.  AGOLDE is a new-to-me denim brand and has lots of fun and trendy cuts. For me this brand isn't an everyday denim brand like Madewell, these cuts are cute and fun but definitely on the trendy side so I feel like I need to be "in the mood" for them. You know? That being said, when I am in the mood for them I really enjoy wearing them.  I have two pairs of AGOLDE jeans (and one pair of shorts) and today I am excited to share the Riley cut with you!  Let's take a look at these jeans...

Riley Jeans with Distressed Knee by AGOLDE (shop them as shown here or without holes in the knees here or in a darker rinse here)

What I Love: This is a CLASSIC mom jean. High waisted, straight through the hip and leg, very flattering on the bottom and a button fly.  These jeans have serious 80's and 90's vibes and can really make any look feel very trendy and hip. I definitely feel "hip" in these jeans... haha, for what it's worth!

Sizing Tip: I recommend going up a size in this brand. I am usually between a 26 and 27 and I am wearing a size 27 here. These jeans are 100% cotton with NO stretch and while they do mold to your body the more you wear them, they are a stiff fit. I have found that they have softened up quite a bit as I've worn them. Not stretched, but softened, if that makes sense.

Stretch? None. Nada. If you like stretchy jeans and would love a trendier mom-jean style then I would recommend the pair in THIS post instead. Today's pair has none. And if you are like me, or probably most women, some days that is NOT the feeling I want at all. Other days, it's fine.

How I Like to Wear Them: Since these are a lighter wash I usually wear these jeans more in the spring, summer and early fall - as you can probably tell from these photos. They are cute with sweaters, blouses and short sleeve or tank tops. As for shoes I love them with mules and sandals, while I have worn them with sneakers before it feels a little *too* tomboy for me sometimes.

(above)

(above)

(above)


 

site design by kiki co.