Monday, January 27, 2020

my everyday style: 2 ways to style a striped sweater!

I probably sound like a broken record but when I am shopping for my closet the number one thing I look for is versatility. I need to know I can wear a piece multiple ways before I buy it... often times I will try and style it in my head while I am shopping both online and in person before I commit to purchasing it. Sometimes I will love a piece even if it's not very versatile... so I will have to challenge myself to come up with ways to style it. Other times, like with this sweater, I see it and instantly know I can wear it a million ways.

For me, it's not just about making lots of outfits (which is still important) but instead asking myself if I can dress it up AND dress it down. As a busy mom that works at home, my lifestyle is very casual. Some days I crave a look that feels more pulled together and other days I want something super casual and comfortable. This sweater does JUST THAT. I love that it looks great with black jeans, a trench coat and leopard loafers which feels more pulled together while also working just as well with blue jeans and sneakers which is one of my go-to outfit combos.







Outfit Details (above):
Sweater (runs large, I went down one size to XS) - on sale!
Loafers - on sale!







Outfit Details (above):
Sweater (runs large, I went down one size to XS) - on sale!
Sneakers (runs large, size down one full size)


 

site design by kiki co.