Tuesday, January 28, 2020

fitness try on session!

Have you ever tried Trunk Club? It's an online personal shopping service owned by Nordstrom. I've tried them a few times with varying success - since I will admit I love to shop for myself so sometimes I don't have much luck with others picking out clothes for me. But my stylist there usually checks in a few times a year with an offer to send a trunk, this post isn't sponsored, I just genuinely like getting a trunk from time to time.  For the New Year I thought it would be fun to receive a fitness themed box (You can theme your trunks however you want! Work wear, fitness, seasonal updates, formal events, the sky is the limit!).  While sometimes items that are sent are "misses" - there are a lot of times where it's fun to try items I never would've chosen for myself. Every trunk usually has a few pieces that challenge me and it can be fun to try new things! 

If you're interested in trying the program yourself you can sign up for your first trunk HERE.  Trunks are FREE if you are a Nordstrom Cardholder - otherwise they are $25 (which I believe you can take off your first purchase). I usually try to be really specific with my budget, color and general likes and dislikes when I request a trunk. Then your stylist will send you some pieces to review and you can finalized what you want in your box.  You can try everything on and make your decisions and then send the trunk back for free. It's so easy!

Let's take a look at some items my stylist sent me!


left: These pink/mauve tights from Sweaty Betty are SO CUTE. They are quite thick and structured and so flattering. It's hard to capture the color here in the photo but they aren't as flesh toned as they look. More pink. She also sent a matching sports bra. I loved this twist top too! SO soft and stretchy and it's works well with high waisted leggings. Lastly these pink sneakers were ADORABLE (my daughter wanted to steal them!). This was a GREAT first outfit. Totally my style and so fun!
sizing tips: tights are true to size I am in a small, tank is true to size I am in a small, sports bra true to size I am in a medium, pink sneakers true to size

middle: These joggers were a touch big and reminded me of a similar pair I already own (this pair) so they weren't a win for me. But I loved these black sneakers which were like walking on clouds. And this side button top is perfect for throwing over a tank post workout. All VERY cute picks again.
sizing tips: joggers run big I am in a size small, top is true to size I am in a size small, black sneakers are true to size

left: My stylist sure put me out of my comfort zone with these biker shorts! Haha! I don't hate the idea of them though. Since I don't wear running shorts (they always seem to fit so strange and be so short, ugh) these biker shorts are actually a great alternative. I mean, I am a little resistant to the idea but the truth is they are just short leggings - and everyone loves leggings! This tie dyed sweatshirt is another total winner! SO SO cute and very soft! The sweatshirt is also available in solid colors too which is very cute.
sizing tips: shorts are true to size I am in a size small, sweatshirt is true to size I am in a size small

Final thoughts...
- Pink leggings and matching sports bra, I kept the leggings because they are amazing. I love a matching sports bra but this one felt too stiff and uncomfortable for me.
- White tank twist top. This is a keeper too. I love this brand and it's so soft. It will be perfect for outdoor tennis this summer.
- Pink sneakers. So, so cute but I went with the black pair instead. I know, I'm so boring.
- Side button long sleeve top. I have a few similar options so this one went back. Loved it though.
- Joggers. Very cute but they run quite big so this pair didn't fit and I already have a similar pair.
- Black sneakers. These are like a dream on the foot. I loved them and they are a good price too. These are perfect for weekends with leggings, at the gym or for walks.
- Tie dyed sweatshirt. So cute but a little spendy. I also have way too many sweatshirts right now.
- Biker shorts. I did end up sending them back... but I am warming to the idea! I can't say I'm ready for them, but I will say I won't shut the door on the idea of them.


 

site design by kiki co.