Monday, September 9, 2019

J.Crew Factory Try-On Session!

I recently popped by J.Crew Factory (online, of course, in my pajamas!) and found SO many cute fall finds! I kind of wanted one of everything of their new arrivals - there are so many cute pieces! But alas, I showed some restraint and settled on a few pieces. Today I am sharing them with you! I always try to remember to remind you guys that these are 'try on sessions' - I don't always keep everything I try on. It's just like the fitting room. But from home. I always try to decide if I 'like' or 'love' a piece and make sure it fits in my current wardrobe or isn't a duplicate. So that's how I usually decide whether to keep or not.

Let's take a look at the pieces!


I have this same print in a t-shirt and I loved it so much I couldn't resist the sweatshirt form for fall/winter. I just LOVE this piece. It's soft and relaxed and perfect for weekends! I love it paired with joggers for super casual weekends, but it also works with jeans too! I see this getting worn in the future A LOT. I went up a size to a medium for a slouchier fit. (shop the pieces: sweatshirt, joggers, jeans, sneakers)

This is very similar to the J.Crew version for a much better price! I would say it's right between the Juliette blazer (which appears longer) and the Sophie blazer which is shorter. I think this is a great in between option for a great price if you have your eye on either of those blazers. I love that this can be dressed up for an office or worn more casual. I went DOWN a size to an XS on this one - just like I did with the Sophie blazer. It definitely runs big. I also snagged these leopard loafers that I LOVE. I am such a sucker for leopard loafers and these are so classic! I am usually a 6.5 or 7 and I went with a 7 on these and they fit great! (shop the pieces: blazer, white tee, white jeans, blue jeans, leopard loafers, black loafers)


Plaid Flannel (above)
This is a J.Crew piece I bought last fall and now it's back at Factory this year (I love when J.Crew recycles styles like that! It's a great opp to snag something you missed out on in previous years).  It looks like the only difference they made is sizing. Mine is a size 2 (runs big) and the sizing for the Factory version is XS, S, M, etc - I would suggest going down a size since J.Crew Factory tends to run big for me. (shop the pieces: flannel shirt, blue jeanswhite jeans, sneakers, black mules)

Leopard Dress (above)
I purchased this for a fall trip to London which has since been cancelled (sad face!) but I'm glad I ordered it because it's AMAZING. I had planned on wearing it during the day for museums and then for evening for a nice dinner. As you can see it would def work for both. It's just GORGEOUS.  I went with a size 2 - I would say true to size or go down a size if you are in between sizes.  I may end up keeping this for the holidays - but I'm not sure. Leopard dresses are so popular right now and this one is a great cut and a great price! (shop the pieces: dress, similar heels, denim jacketsneakers)


 

site design by kiki co.