Monday, September 30, 2019

fall sweater try on session!

Today I am bringing the COZY to the blog... Let's not freak out or anything but it is OCTOBER TOMORROW. I mean, I guess I kind of am freaking out. I can't help it. I'm super excited for sweater season and with October almost here that means IT'S GO TIME for sweaters. I was born ready. (Minus the winter part that comes next... gah! Such mixed feelings.)

Today I've got 5 sweaters for you... I'm trying to make these try on sessions VERY edited. I'm not trying on 10-15 new pieces every week. Because 1) that is EXHAUSTING. 2) it's TOO MUCH. It just feels overboard instead of helpful 3) It's not realistic. I love clothes and I love buying clothes but I'm still just a regular gal (with a blog) and I've got a budget and a medium sized closet. I've mentioned on Instagram Stories lately that I am working on being more mindful about purchases and a lot of you resonated with that sentiment.

This is how try-on sessions work: I order a few items I am interested in, I try them on with a few looks (I'm working on doing 2 outfits per piece so you get a feel how the pieces look in different outfits) and then I decide what I will keep and what I won't. A lot of you have mentioned that it would be helpful to know what I keep and what I send back and why. This is such a personal decision based on what I like, what I feel like I need, fit, etc. My decision may not necessarily be your decision - so keep that in mind. With that in mind, on today's post I will let you know which are keeps and which are send backs at the bottom of the post!

This sweater is gorgeous and such a classic for fall. I am always a sucker for a creamy white sweater! They are easy to style and seem to go with everything in my closet so effortlessly. This sweater is a little oversized, I ordered a small. I love it super casual with camo jeans and sneakers or similar sneakers (left). And it works just as well with "mom jeans" and loafers too (right)!

Black Sweater (above)
I originally ordered this as a more budget friendly option to this other black sweater I've been eyeing. I am in an XS here and it fits perfect - making the sweater run a little big - but I wish I would've ordered a size bigger for a slouchier fit. It's also available in a few other colors as well. Here I paired it with skinny jeans and ankle boots (left) or mom jeans and loafers (right). It would also be cute with leggings if you ordered it up a size.

Hoodie Sweater (above)
It's a hoodie! It's a sweater! It's both! This sweater is SUPER cozy and cute on it's own with jeans or leggings but it would also be super cute later this fall layered with a denim jacket or a puffer coat too.  This piece runs a bit big, I went down a size to xsand it fits perfect - I would suggest going down a size. Here I paired it with jeans and sneakers (left) and leggings and sneakers or similar sneakers (right). 

This is one of my favorites in the bunch today! This color is GORGEOUS. I am all about neutrals any time of year, but these rust colors this fall are just swoon worthy!  This sweater runs big - I went down a size to XS and it's still perfectly slouchy, so I would recommend going down a size. I love it paired with black jeans and loafers (left) or white jeans and leopard flats (right). It would look great with blue jeans too!

I loved the look of the stitching on this sweater online but when I saw it in person - it's even more beautiful! The fabric is soft and I like the slightly cropped cut which works great with high waist jeans. This sweater is true to size. I am in my usual size small here. It works great with blue jeans and ankle boots (left) or black jeans and flats (right).

Final thoughts! Deciding what to keep and what to send back is never easy... I usually want it all.  Here are my thoughts after trying everything on:

White Slochy Cable Knit Sweater - I'm definitely keeping this. It's gorgeous in person and I can't wait to wear it!
Black Sweater - I'm going to send this back, but I'm still in the market for an oversized black sweater. So I may purchase the next size up or keep looking. I haven't decided on that yet.
Hoodie Sweater - I'm going to send this one back. I love it, but it's just not for me right now and I can't keep them all!
Gold/Rust Chunky Knit Sweater - this is a keeper! I'm in love with it!
Oatmeal Bobble Stitch Sweater - I loved this way more than I thought I would. It's very beautiful in person. 





 

site design by kiki co.