Tuesday, May 7, 2019

my everyday style: 3 ways to style "paper bag" pants for spring/summer!

The "paper bag" pant trend is HOT for spring and summer! I feel like I am seeing these pants everywhere lately.  And you may have noticed, but I'm not much of a "pant" person. Jeans, yes. Leggings, always. Pants, hmmmmm.  I just don't tend toward pants much. I blame it on my days in an office where I could ONLY wear pants (or skirts I suppose, but I guess I over did it on pants) and since then I never wanted to wear them again.  I am the first to admit I get stuck in my fashion "ways" but I don't mind trying something new every once in a while and when I saw these pants I was instantly intrigued by them! Paper bag pants are characterized by the casual tie at the waist and the flowy fit through the hips and thighs. You can shop my exact pair here or lots more styles here.

What better way to give a new trend a try by styling them up three different ways. First I paired them with classic closet standbys like a striped tank and a denim jacket. This outfit was such a no-brainer and I LOVED it! This look is by far my favorite of the bunch.  Next up I paired the paper bag pants with a beautiful white blouse and loafers. This look seems perfect for an office look in my opinion. I would definitely wear this look to meetings or to any event where I wanted to look polished and classic.  Lastly with a more relaxed vibe I paired the pants with a slouchy sweater. This look was another favorite. It's comfortable and casual and perfect for a chilly spring day when you aren't feeling like jeans.

The verdict? I am a fan! They are totally different from what I usually choose to wear, but I'm really glad I tried them. I enjoyed wearing them in Chicago a few weekends ago (ps, they are great to pack because they are so lightweight, but they do wrinkle easily so plan on steaming them when you arrive. I like THIS travel steamer) and will look forward to wearing them more this summer too. Like the linen pants I featured HERE they are perfect for warm weather as an alternative to dresses or shorts.  Also important to note that I found these to fit true to size. I am usually a size 4 or 26/27 in pants and jeans and I am wearing a size 4 here.


Outfit 1





Outfit 2:





Outfit 3:





 

site design by kiki co.