Wednesday, May 8, 2019

spring J.Crew try-on!

I recently popped into J.Crew and I didn't have a ton of time to try pieces on but I tried a few styles I've been wanting to try (wide leg cropped pants!) and found a few keepers for spring and summer... I will be honest I had hoped that they had THIS tee in stock because, duh - I NEED it. But they didn't - so I will likely order that one online.

above: I've been wanting to try the Demi-boot crop jeans from J.Crew. This cropped boot cut style is super trendy right now and I was curious to see what they would look/feel like on. I am so glad I tried them because I really liked them! This pair is super cute with the button front too.  I couldn't resist this LONG WEEKEND tee for summer (SO ready for those long summer weekends) and while I had my eye on this sweater blazer in black (I already own it in brown and navy) I found that I LOVED it in this creamy white.  The tee and the blazer came home with me! Everything fits true to size, except for the blazer - size down in that!

above: Again with the Demi-boot cut jeans, this time in white. I loved this style so much I purchased this pair.  And I love a good linen blend tee. Here I am wearing a size small, but I ended up purchasing it in size medium for a little extra drape. This tee comes in TONS of colors and is a great summer staple. 

above: This pair of jeans is the straight boyfriend jean and I think they are a little big on me but mostly just didn't fit. I love the wash on them and the frayed hem but this was a pass for me.  How cute is this Mother's Day heart tee? This would be a great last minute gift for any mamas in your life. And like I mentioned above I have this sweater blazer in brown and navy and wanted to like the black but in the end went for the creamy white instead. 

above: I have been SO curious to try this wide leg pant trend. I loved the cute front patch pockets and these pants definitely fit true to size but I don't think they are for me - exactly. Maybe I will change my mind? It just seems like SO much fabric! What are your thoughts on this trend? I also REALLY liked this linen top - it's just so classic for spring and summer. I am in a size 4 here which is one size up, I felt like this top ran small, plus I like a roomier fit in button-front tops.

above: I also tried this button front pair of vintage straight jeans as well and liked these too. For so long I wasn't a fan of J.Crew's jeans but I feel like they have really stepped their game up.

above: I also LOVED these sneakers with the leopard details at the back. I didn't try them on (probably because I knew I would love them and have to buy them) because I need another sneaker like I need a hole in my head at this point - eek! This pink pair is so cute too!


 

site design by kiki co.