Wednesday, November 14, 2018

The holiday capsule collection! (post 2)

Welcome back to POST 2 in the Holiday Capsule Collection! If you missed the first post... be sure to check out that post here!  To recap... this week I am bringing you a super fun new holiday blog series: the HOLIDAY CAPSULE COLLECTION!  This week I will be mixing and matching 10 wardrobe pieces into 12 (TWELVE!) holiday outfits.  I've got something for everyone here from casual parties, to work parties, to fancy holiday parties, for New Years Eve or just hanging with family to celebrate the season! However you celebrate, for whatever you celebrate or how you celebrate... I truly, truly hope that there is an outfit here for you!

So here's the deal: today I am featuring 4 (FOUR!) of the 12 looks, 4 already went live earlier this week and the final 4 will be posted later this week. Let's quick chat about the pieces I chose and why.  I included plenty of layering pieces for all climates, so if it's very cold where you live for the holidays or only a little cool - or heck, even if it's warm where you live! - there is something here for you that is festive and fun and sure to make you feel like a million bucks this holiday season.  For layering pieces I chose a leopard jacketa cozy knit cardigan and a plaid blazer.  For letting those legs show I chose a gorgeous sequin pencil skirt and a little black dress (this one happens to be my favorite but any black dress will do!).  For jeans-gals like myself I went with a pair of black coated denim (they look like leather but they are soft and stretchy, I've owned this pair for years and love them) and a VERY fun pair of jewel embellished boyfriend jeans.  For tops I went with the classics: plaid (similar, but any plaid will do!), stripes and one very fun pearl embellished tee - I love the pearls on this top!

Without further ado... let's get mixing and matching!!!



Outfit FIVE (below)
This outfit is the PERFECT holiday work party outfit... take your favorite little black dress (this one happens to be a favorite of mine!) and pair it with a festive plaid blazer and a fun little clutch and you are set to go from office to party!





Outfit Six (below)
Looking for something that is a little over the top and super, SUPER fun!!?? You simply can NOT go wrong pairing a sequin skirt and leopard coat for the holidays. Whether you've got a fancy Christmas party or are already thinking about your New Years Eve outfit... this combo is a definite winner!





Outfit 7 (below)
Nothing is easier or more festive than plaid this time of year, without a doubt. I absolutely LOVE it paired with a fun pair of embellished jeans for some extra holiday cheer. This outfit is perfect for a dinner out with friends, a fun holiday white elephant gift exchange or for Christmas dinner.





Outfit 8 (below)
This outfit casual but still very pulled together look is perfect for Thanksgiving or Christmas Day. I love that the stripes give it a laid back look and feel while the coated jeans and leopard coat insure that it's festive while still be super comfortable as well. 






So far we've done 8 (eight!) outfit with the 10 pieces... are you enjoying this series so far? Check back on Friday for our final FOUR outfits!  And thank you for following along so far :)

 

site design by kiki co.