Monday, November 12, 2018

ANNOUNCING: The holiday capsule collection! (post 1)

YOU GUYS. I couldn't be MORE excited to bring you this super fun project I've been working on for what feels like forever... the HOLIDAY CAPSULE COLLECTION!  This week I will be mixing and matching 10 wardrobe pieces into 12 (TWELVE!) holiday outfits.  I've got something for everyone here from casual parties, to work parties, to fancy holiday parties, for New Years Eve or just hanging with family to celebrate the season! However you celebrate, for whatever you celebrate or how you celebrate... I truly, truly hope that there is an outfit here for you!

So here's the deal: today I am featuring 4 (FOUR!) of the 12 looks and more looks will be posted later this week. Let's quick chat about the pieces I chose and why.  I included plenty of layering pieces for all climates, so if it's very cold where you live for the holidays or only a little cool - or heck, even if it's warm where you live! - there is something here for you that is festive and fun and sure to make you feel like a million bucks this holiday season.  For layering pieces I chose a leopard jacket, a cozy knit cardigan and a plaid blazer.  For letting those legs show I chose a gorgeous sequin pencil skirt and a little black dress (this one happens to be my favorite but any black dress will do!).  For jeans-gals like myself I went with a pair of black coated denim (they look like leather but they are soft and stretchy, I've owned this pair for years and love them) and a VERY fun pair of jewel embellished boyfriend jeans.  For tops I went with the classics: plaid (similar, but any plaid will do!), stripes and one very fun pearl embellished tee - I love the pearls on this top!

Without further ado... let's get mixing and matching!!!

Now let's get the details on these super fun looks!  

Outfit ONE (below)
I just LOVE this sequin skirt with the plaid top. It's so classic and festive and such a great look to get you in the holiday spirit!  This look is perfect for an office party, holiday cocktails with friends, or any holiday look that calls for a little extra sparkle and shine! I had fun mixing prints with the plaid and the leopard here - don't be afraid to have a little fun and go bold for the holidays!
(shop the pieces: similar top, skirt, clutchsunglasses, shoes)







Outfit TWO (below)
Plaid blazers are super on trend this winter... while also being extremely versatile and classic.  Have fun mixing prints with a striped top and to make the entire look festive add in a pair of embellished jeans! I love that this looks is classic and festive, but still comfortable. It would be great for Thanksgiving or a casual family holiday celebration.






Outfit THREE (below)
This dress and this sweater are two of my all time favorite wardrobe pieces! Add them together and it's magic... both are so soft and stretchy and would be PERFECT for a Thanksgiving meals with family or friends, a quiet yet festive Christmas Eve at home or a casual party with close friends playing games and getting cozy by the fire. Add a pop of red to feel extra festive with a necklace or scarf!
(shop the pieces: dress, cardigan, flats, earrings)






Outfit FOUR (below)
Need a chic office party look? So many offices are having holiday parties on lunch breaks or during happy hours... this is the PERFECT festive look to celebrate the holidays and still look office appropriate!  These leather look jeans are my the best... they look like leather and are dressier than regular jeans but are still SUPER soft and stretchy.  I love them paired with this pearl embellished tee and a blazer. So easy and fun!






I would love to know which was your favorite!?!? Stay tuned later this week for the other 8 (eight!!) looks!


 

site design by kiki co.