Wednesday, October 31, 2018

my everyday style: the easiest fall outfit!

The simplest outfits are always the best in my opinion. Give me jeans, a sweater and flats and I am a happy gal.  I probably sound like a broken record repeating that - but it's so true. I often struggle with being a blogger and wanting to post inspirational, aspirational and/or the perfectly curated outfit... when in reality the "perfect" outfit to me is just so simple it's barely an "outfit" at all.  Over the many, many years I've been blogging (ten!) my own personal style has evolved so much. When I started I didn't even have a personal style really or I didn't know what I liked, I was experimenting a lot with different styles and silhouettes.  But with age I've found that I've settled into a personal style that I really enjoy... it's easy when I'm shopping to instantly know whether something is "me" or not.  In my opinion that is a huge gift of getting older - at 40 I have a lot more confidence in my style and it makes getting dressed so much more enjoyable because there are fewer outfits I don't like or don't feel comfortable in - and almost 100% of the outfits I absolutely love.

This v-neck sweater is quickly becoming a favorite in my closet... which hasn't been surprising.  It's super affordable cashmere and oh so soft and flattering. I love the boxy cut on this one for a drapey fit.  Paired with some super stretchy skinny jeans and bow mules it's a great everyday look, weekend look or even casual look for the office.

What's your go-to outfit? Is simpler better for your lifestyle as well?











Outfit Details:



 

site design by kiki co.