Tuesday, October 30, 2018

cozy fall to winter try ons!

These try-on session posts have QUICKLY become one of your gals' favorites here on the blog.  And since I try on A LOT of clothes it's a natural fit to fill you in on what I'm trying and loving.  I get asked a few common questions about try-ons... the first question is: Do you keep everything? The answer to that is NO. I try stuff on and if I like it or see a need for it in my closet I keep it. If not, it goes back to the store. Since the shopping malls aren't great in my area I buy about 99% online and need to try everything on at home anyway. Again, I keep stuff that I 100% love and that fill a need/want in my closet. Sometimes I completely love something but I send it back because in person it's too similar to something I already own or I just don't need another "fill in the blank" piece.  The second question I get a lot is: Do you just say you like stuff because you are trying to make a commission?  Listen, I get it... bloggers get a bad rap for being overly sales-y. And while my job technically IS to sell clothing (that's how I make a living with the blog) I would never say "Oh I LOVE this sweater" when I really actually hate it and think it's ugly or doesn't fit great or the fabric is less than stellar.  In that case - and it does happen from time to time when orders arrive - I just don't feature it at all. I try to be positive in this space and don't want to bad-mouth brands or pieces just because I can.

So in a nutshell, NO I don't keep everything and I would NEVER lie and say I like something that I honestly don't like.  Sometimes I will be undecided though and to be honest your feedback is always super valuable - so this works both ways!

Today I just have a random smattering of a few items I purchased recently... these are all great pieces for fall - I hope you enjoy these try ons!

above: I have this exact cardigan in dusty pink that I bought late summer and I just LOVE this cream color for winter. Isn't it pretty yet oh so chic looking with just white jeans and a tee? I usually don't buy items in multiples, but I couldn't resist with this one. It's super soft, I love the long length and oh so cozy for winter. I am wearing a size 4 here and there are lots of colors to choose from.

above: I can never resist a good sweatshirt. This grey sweatshirt has a really fun texture that makes it a little more dressed up than usual. I recently wore it to Chicago and it's great for busy days layered under a jacket. It was super comfortable all day.  I am wearing a size XS here.

above: I am ALL about cardigans lately - they are so easy to throw over tees and look instantly pulled together. This one is a GREAT price and is really good quality too. I am wearing a size XS here and it's available in two colors.

above: How cute is the button detail on this top? I love it! You can wear it with the buttons open or closed as well - which is so cute.  I am wearing a size XS and it's available in quite a few colors.

above: How are we feeling about the plaid blazer trend? It's a little bold for me, but I like it!  This is a size 0 and it's a touch small.  I think I will try the next size up, but overall I LOVE this piece for winter!  (you can find it here or here)

above: This cardigan is my favorite of the bunch gals... it's so soft, SUCH a great price (it's a dead-ringer for a much more expensive one) and it's available in lots of colors. I'm wearing a small here, but an extra small would have fit fine too.  Snag this one - it's available in 5 colors so you are bound to find one you love!

above: You know I love STRIPES. This stripe sweater is just TOO cute. I love the idea of pairing it with a bold scarf or coat (think PINK or RED!) for winter or the holidays. I am wearing a size small here.

above: I love sweaters. But there is a special spot in my heart for grey sweaters. I love the slightly cropped look of this one with high waisted jeans. The fabric is oh so soft and I love the boxy sleeves for something different.  I am wearing a size 4 here.

above: MORE stripes... this time it's rugby stripes with a turtleneck. How fun is this sweater? It would be great for holiday with a bright red scarf or pencil skirt for a party. I love how fun and bold it is!  I am wearing a size XS here and there are quite a few color options with this one as well.

above: This easy cowl neck sweater is PERFECT for everyday wear this winter. I love the high-low hem with jeans or even with leggings and the boxy cut is super flattering. It's available in quite a few colors and I am wearing an extra small here.

Which is your favorite? I would love to know!


 

site design by kiki co.