Tuesday, August 14, 2018

on my radar: August 2018!

I'm prettttttty excited for fall, maybe you've caught that drift so far?!? ;) August is such a tricky month, the weather is always GORGEOUS summer weather but with school starting on the horizon it's like a split world. I've been shopping for warm weather duds since planning a trip to Florida in February... so I have to admit I'm ready to ditch the sandals and sundresses and start getting into some cozy layers.

For August I like to focus on transitional wear that works for now with sandals and tanks and items for later that will layer well for cooler temps. I've got A LOT of fun pieces on my radar this month... both for transitional wear and straight FALL.


suede red flats - I've been really into this orangey red color this summer... these flats would be adorable with a striped top now and with jeans and a cream sweater this fall! (shop more Madewell shoes here!)

backpack - I will admit I am slow to hop on the 'backpack purse' trend - but this one is GORGEOUS and I also think it would be incredibly comfortable while running errands. What do you think of this trend?

earrings - I'm SO obsessed with the new arrivals for fall from Kendra Scott. They are all SO beautiful! These earrings are feminine and edgy all at the same time and I definitely can see wearing them with cozy sweaters this fall!

funnel neck jacket - I am mildly obsessed with this oversized funnel neck jacket - it's available in 3 colors and looks insanely cozy for fall football games or other outdoor sports! It would also be perfect for throwing over your workout outfit before or after a workout!

grey midi dress - I love the idea of a longer dress for fall... it's just as easy as for summer, but with hints of the fall season. You could easily layer this one a cardigan, jean jacket or leather jacket with this one for a pulled together fall look!

grey tunic sweater - I am SO ready for a cool evening and some sweater action - who's with me!?!? This sweater comes in three colors and it's just asking for some leggings and a night by the fire! (shop more Free People here!)

high waist ankle jeans - I love this new LUXE line by 7FAM that features perfectly distressed pieces that look like you've owned and loved them forever, it the best way possible (shop more 7FAM here!)

chunky knit blanket - I snagged this blanket during the Nordstrom Sale and I can't wait to use it this fall! I'm seriously thinking about going back for another because it's just SO dreamy and soft!

camo sneakers - Just like my kids, I crave a new pair of sneakers for the back-to-school season! This too-cute camo pair is under $50 and perfect with skinny jeans and tees or sweaters for fall!

delicate ring set - A friend of mine was just wearing a similar set of delicate rings and I totally fell in love with them.  I love how unassuming and simple they are - this set comes in gold, rose gold or silver. It would be fun to mix and match them too! (shop more delicate rings here!)


 

site design by kiki co.