Monday, August 13, 2018

my everyday style: camo for summer or fall!

I'm a sucker for a little camo here and there in my closet. I have a camo jacket I bought years and years ago and I still LOVE it.  When I saw this sweater (30% off for a limited time) I knew it would be my next camo piece for my closet.  It's a perfectly slouchy and relaxed cut and while it's technically a sweater, the fabric is the perfect weight for late summer wear. This fall I'll for sure be layering it with a leather jacket, a denim jacket or a vest. I already can't wait to wear it again - you know that's a good sign of a great purchase!

I have to admit my head is very much in "fall" right now... even though the weather still says "summer".  Similar to magazine editors that always have to think a season ahead in fashion or recipes or home decor, bloggers have to think a few months ahead as well.  I'm already planning my fall and even holiday (gasp!) content now so that I'm ready to bring it to you when your inspiration hits!  When you start thinking about what new fall clothes you are needing this year... you will already be able to find fall inspiration on my blog. See how that works? (Pulling back that curtain big time, no!?!)

I often get negative feedback about "wishing away summer" or "how could you wear jeans already" or "a sweater in August, seriously" - but I'm easing into the season a little early to make sure there is plenty of fall content here when the season actually hits!  Also, because air conditioning and I don't get along great... I love summer but I always have a long sleeve jacket or sweater with me, because: brrrrr!  So in reality, a look like this is actually something I'm wearing for days of errands or work because I'm most comfortable in it.  Where I wouldn't wear this outfit in the summer: a soccer game, the beach, the pool, a picnic, a family walk.  Duh.  Where I would wear it: around the house to work, to run errands, to go out to dinner. Yes!










Outfit Details:
Sweater - 30% off for a limited time!
Shorts - on sale!



 

site design by kiki co.