Wednesday, August 15, 2018

my everyday style: a red peplum two ways!

I mentioned in yesterday's post that I have a thing for this orange-y red color this late summer, early fall and you guys - it's definitely a THING.  I don't wear a ton of color, but this red seems to act like a neutral in that it goes with anything - so I am really digging it!

If you are like me and have trouble knowing how to integrate a bold color into your wardrobe - this is my fail-safe: add denim. And lots of it! Try white or black or blue denim to start - or even a combo of both! I actually think this is my solution for about 99% of my problems - add denim! ;). But in all seriousness, a combination of two types of denim, like white and blue here - adds visual interest and makes a look feel pulled together while still being extremely wearable and comfortable.

Today I styled this red peplum top up TWO ways for August... one with classic white jeans and a denim jacket - always a favorite combo on mine - for a summer weekend day. And the other way with a more trendy pair of "mom" jeans and mules for a little late summer date night look.   It's impossible for me to choose a favorite here... do you have one that stands out to you more than the other?



Outfit Details:
Sandals - on sale!
Bag - on sale!
Denim Jacket - under $30!









Outfit Details:
Jeans (or similar)









 

site design by kiki co.