Wednesday, August 1, 2018

15 summer outfit ideas for when you don't know what to wear!



This is about the time of the summer that I usually get sick of my summer clothes and need some serious wardrobe inspiration to get me through these last couple weeks/months of warm weather. I will look in my closet and ask myself "what the heck have I been wearing all summer?" I always feel like my pieces have been worn a million times by this time of the summer. And while I was full of fresh ideas for summer outfits back in the spring, my ideas are running thin.  Maybe you experience the same situation? 

For the past few months I've been trying to document my daily outfits on Instagram Stories.  It's a casual place to quick pop in and talk about my outfit, why I chose it and what I like about it.  The blog and even my Instagram feed these days are more about curating photos and perfect lighting and while those are absolutely outfits I wear... there are MORE days as a busy mom that I am super casual and simple.  If you aren't already you can follow me on Instagram and follow my stories for these everyday looks.  Or you can always shop those looks here or peruse the archives there as well (or by clicking "Instagram" in my menu bar at the top of my blog and selecting "Instagram Stories").

These outfits aren't rocket science... they are just simple outfit combos that can easily be recreated with items you already own or maybe snag a new piece or two that may be missing from your closet. If you are low on summer outfit ideas... use these as inspiration!  You can also see here that you don't need TONS of pieces to create lots of outfits. I wear the same shorts, white jeans and skinny jeans multiple times in lots of different outfits.  Often time I will switch up shoes or tops to make a piece I wear all the time feel fresh.  I know there are some people that don't agree with me but I 100% wear jeans in the summer. Sure it's hot and humid, but I'm most comfortable with my legs covered (that's just me!) and on top of that I spend a lot of my days in AC or in and out of AC and I just can't stand to be so hot.  Of course on the weekends or vacations when we are outside or at the pool and beach I totally ditch the jeans, but I'm not always such a lucky lady to spend my days that way!

above: This button front top and denim shorts is perfect for a super hot day. I love classic brown sandals like these - they go with everything!

above: White jeans are a staple for me, sure they get a little dirty sometimes, but it's nothing the washing machine can't take care of, pairing them with a grey top is a favorite. Here I ordered up a size in the tank so I could tie a little knot at the front for interest.  These gold sandals have been my go-to all summer. They are comfortable and look a little dressy. 

above: This black tee has been a favorite of mine for a few seasons... it's got a really deep v-neck so I'm actually wearing it backwards. But it's so soft I just love it! And the V in the back is something fun.  This pair of denim shorts has been my favorite so far this summer. I ordered up a size to get a slouchy fit and I love how soft and stretchy they are. I can't forget these sandals... I've been wearing them all summer non-stop.

above: Back with the white jeans... and this time a striped top, a definite go-to for me. Easy basics like these are taken up a notch with a fun pair of bright sandals (these are on sale!) - so never overlook the role footwear can play in your outfit. 

above: When the temps really heat up or I am feeling in the mood for a dress I've been turning to this chambray dress A LOT. It's super comfortable while also looking nice and pulled together for meetings or appointments. And again with my rainbow sandals (on sale!) that I love so much!

above: It's no surprise with my love for white jeans that I also love a little white on white look too with a simple white tee (this one is only $9!!!). It's a fun look I could only pull off during the summer and paired with a denim jacket it's still simple and classic. I love pairing it with a bold black sandal too.

above: This striped top has been my favorite all summer at it's such a bargain too!  It's perfect paired with an army green jacket and these platform sandals (on sale!).

above: Like I said earlier, I don't shy away from jeans (on sale!) in the summer. Especially when I'm running a million errands on a cloudy or rainy day. Here I paired them with a sweater tank and brown espadrille sandals (on sale!). It's SO easy and comfortable while still being cute. 

above: You just can't go wrong with a classic t-shirt dress (similar or similar) in the summer. I love that this one has sleeves and to make it less serious I paired it with a fun pair of sandals (on sale!).

above: T-shrits with fun details like this slit neck tee are perfect for staying on trend, but keeping it easy too. And I have to mention that these awesome jeans are on sale!

above: A striped tee and white jeans are a combo I can ALWAYS see myself wearing.

above: Another undercover gem for summer days is a lightweight blouse like this one. It's the perfect layer to keep you cool in the heat or warm in the blasting AC.

above: Stripes, skinny jeans, bow sandals. Repeat.  That may be my new summer mantra. ;)

above: This is quite possibly the PERFECT white tee... since it's two very thin layers it's super comfortable and guaranteed not see-through.  Also, let's not forget the joy of a simple pair of slip on sneakers for the summer. I love them all year round, but they are perfect for busy days in the summer too. I'm really loving these jeans too!

above: I'm a sucker for a sweatshirt all year long... so I love this lightweight and 3/4 sleeve summer sweatshirt for rainy or gloomy days.  Also paired with a classic pair of slip on sneakers I'm ready to tackle the day! Plus, these jeans are on sale!


SaveSave

 

site design by kiki co.