Thursday, August 2, 2018

my everyday style: what to wear to ANY wedding!

This past weekend we had a wedding to attend... and since we haven't been to a wedding in AGES (such is middle aged life) - I was a little at loss at what to wear. Sure I could've grabbed a dress I already owned from my closet but seeing as the wedding also fell on my BIRTHDAY I wanted my dress selection to be a little extra special.  If you follow me on Instagram Stories you know that I ordered quite a few dresses and tried them all on and NONE of them worked. I was REALLY running low on time and ideas. I also didn't really know the VIBE of the wedding - was it casual, dressy, summery? Since we were friends of the groom and not the bride it was awkward to ask what the dress code was.  So I knew I had to find a dress that was simple and classic and something that would work for a wedding of any kind with perhaps erring on the side of being dressier than not.  After all, being overdressed is a form of flattery, right!? (Isn't that how that saying goes?)

I had never tried Rent the Runway and decided the time was NOW - I was flat out of any other ideas. This isn't sponsored but I just have to say I had a GREAT experience with them.  The sizing guide on the website was perfectly accurate (very important when it comes to dresses!) and the shipping and dress was just as I expected.  No matter what type of wedding you are attending... there is a dress for it at Rent the Runway! I found this gorgeous Kate Spade dress that was PERFECT for the event and as a birthday dress. Like I mentioned, the sizing was just as described and it fit like a glove when it arrived.  Rent the Runway will send you two sizes for the price of one, so you have a backup in case the size you wanted was a little too snug or too big.  They even advise on whether for this specific dress you should request an extra size up or an extra size down.  And their recommendations were spot on!

I have to admit I was a little sad to pop this dress back in the mail to Rent the Runway (in an easy pre-paid shipping label, naturally!)... it was SO fun to wear for a quite formal wedding and a fun night of dancing.  Plus, it has POCKETS!  Big ones! I could hide my phone in there all night ;)

Guys have is so easy for weddings... a suit or tux always works! But for now, I am a believer in renting a dress for weddings or events 100%. I can't wait to do it again!







 

site design by kiki co.