Saturday, July 28, 2018

my current beauty routine!

I've always said I am NO pro when it comes to beauty products.  Skincare I am obsessed with and can do that in my sleep (see my full skincare run-down here)... but makeup takes extra effort on my part - always.  So in a sense I am the blind leading (likely) the seeing here - but the reason I share the beauty products I am loving now is because 1) I get asked all the time about a blush or eyeliner I am wearing and 2) because if these products are easy enough for me to use... they are easy enough for ANYONE to use! I recently showed my entire makeup drawer (in THIS post!) highlighting what I have in there... but if my makeup drawer is like yours, there are some FAVORITES that get used nearly everyday and this post will outline what I use on my face daily!  I don't wear A LOT of makeup on a daily basis. Just enough to make me feel put together. I don't like a lot of coverage so that I still feel like my natural skin shines through just enough.

You know I am very conscious of choosing SAFE beauty products when I can, especially when it comes to my face - so most of my beauty picks are Beautycounter because not only am I rep for them but I feel VERY strongly about their amazing mission.  Plus, with Beautycounter you aren't sacrificing performance for safety. Their makeup is comparable to all the Sephora and department store brands for performance and color selection. It's truly amazing how they are revolutionizing the beauty industry!



Let's dig in!  

Starting at the half circle on the left I will go top to bottom... then get to the powders on the right side.

From the half circle, top to bottom:
Bare Minerals Volumizing Mascara - this is my ALL TIME favorite mascara. I've used it for years and it gives really great volume while being easy to apply and doesn't irritate my eyes. 
Bare Minerals "Well Rested" - this is an undereye brightener/concealer.  I am so OBSESSED with this stuff I buy it in multiples in case it ever were to be discontinued.  It instantly makes my eyes feel wide awake with very light coverage so it still looks natural. 
Beautycounter Brow Pencil in "Dark" - I pencil in my brows just a tiny bit to make sure there aren't any weird blank areas. I also love that this brow pencil has a built in brow brush because my brows are crazy and need constant grooming. ;)
Beautycounter Touch Up Pen in "Fair" - I don't use concealer very often, but when I do I am always impressed on how well this one works! If you are between shades or wondering what shade to go with, go lighter one shade or down a shade. The "fair" is perfect for my skin.
Beautycounter Color Pinch Cream Blush in "Hibiscus" - I've LOVED using cream blush this summer. It seems more natural in the heat and humidity and it's easy to apply (perfect for teens too!).  This is the perfect "pink" for summer! 
Beautycounter Liquid Eyeliner - I am OBSESSED with this eyeliner. BC released this in a limited run over the holidays last year and now they have finally brought it back to stay in their beauty line up. It's easy to use, doesn't flake and is SAFE! 
Beautycounter Dew Skin Tinted Moisturizer with SPF in "#2"  - I adore this foundation and have been using it for quite a while now. It's natural looking, doesn't feel heavy and I love that it has SPF as well. In the summer I use this as both my moisturizer and my foundation. In the cooler /drier months I layer it over my moisturizers. 

Powders on the right, clockwise from the top:
Beautycounter Eyeshadow Palette in "Classic" - BC just released all new powder cosmetics and they are truly amazing products. I'm not great with eyeshadow but this palette is SO easy to use, the color sits right where you put it (why is that so rare with eyeshadow? just me?) and the colors are just so beautiful. 
Beautycounter Powder Blush in "Guava"(right) and "Nectar" (left) - These new blushes are just as good as the eyeshadows... you only need a little for a A LOT of color pay off and they look and feel great on the skin. I've been wearing "Nectar" almost every day. 
Beautycounter Luminous Highlighter in "Halo" - Again, as promised this highlighter goes on super easy and stays put all day. I love dabbing a little of this on the very top of my brow bone and above my eyebrows to brighten my face. It sticks just where you put it and is so easy to use!

If you are interested in trying any of the Beautycounter products you can get bundles of the makeup products HERE and HERE to save some money if you were going to buy multiples.

Feel free to let me know if you have any questions in the comments! I'm happy to answer them... I truly love all these products so much and can't recommend them enough!



 

site design by kiki co.