Tuesday, May 8, 2018

on my radar: may 2018!

Isn't May the best? It's sunny and warm, but not too warm, the days are nice and long but the kids are still in school (fellow moms, you catch my drift!) and you know the whole summer still can stretch out in front of you! I'm already enjoying weekends in the backyard, busting out the white denim, wearing sandals and finally letting the breeze blow through the house after being cooped up all winter.

These are a few fun things on my wishlist this month with all things summer in mind!
top row:
The new Gal Meets Glam collection at Nordstrom is SO gorgeous. It's difficult to choose a favorite but I think this lavender clip dot dress is the standout for me. It's perfect for summer weddings, events  or graduation parties. It's girly but not fussy and would look gorgeous with a pair of espadrilles or nude heels. 

I always love a good spring sweater for cool evenings or rainy days. I have my eye on this cream spring sweater - it looks perfectly relaxed for pairing with jeans or shorts and sandals for dinner out or a rainy weekend at home. 

This tie back striped tank is definitely going to be a spring and summer staple for me. It's perfect for super hot days or those sunny days spent at kids outdoor sports events. 

I LOVE white jeans and this pair of white button front jeans is SO CUTE! These are definitely on my wishlist for spring and summer! The high waist is so flattering too. 

middle row:
These pale blue suede sandals are so simple and gorgeous and they are available in four different colors. They look so comfortable and the pale blue would be a fun neutral that's unexpected!

How do you feel about the back pack trend? I was a little iffy on it, until I saw this cool back pack. I could definitely see myself wearing this out and about with the kids this summer.

bottom row:
Time to swap out your heavy pajamas and lounge wear for lighter pieces for the warmer weather. First up for me? This striped robe. Perfect for layering over pajamas or to wear while getting ready (anyone else dreading blow drying their hair now that it's warmer!?! This is the perfect wrap to wear to stay cool!)

Have you tried blue light blocker glasses yet? They are supposed to guard your eyes from potentially harmful blue light from screens. I'm intrigued. And also it reminds me of the BLUE BLOCKERS of 80's informercial fame - remember those!?!? These are MUCH cuter!

I've been obsessed with this straw tote since I first laid eyes on it. It may be my Mother's Day gift to myself. That's perfectly acceptable, right!?!

How adorable is this simple cinch waist white top? I love easy pieces like this for everyday wear. It looks so comfortable and easy. It would be adorable with skirts or shorts this summer. 



 

site design by kiki co.