Wednesday, May 9, 2018

my everyday style: garden party!

What's better than your first trip to the greenhouse for the season? I love to see all the colorful blooms and smell the dirt and humidity in the air. It's almost a rite of passage each spring for our family. I have to admit I don't have the greatest green thumb, but slowly we are getting the landscaping figured out at our "new" house.  It's hard to believe that this summer will already mark TWO years living here, it still feels like we just moved in most days!  Each year I like to invest in a few new perennials for future seasons and a few fun new pops of color in annuals for the front porch. Last summer we planted quite a few new perennials and it's so fun to see those return now that spring is here.

It's only the beginning of May and my white jeans are already working overtime. It's been so nice to switch up my usual black or blue denim with white.  These white jeans stay surprisingly clean and when they get a little dirty I've found they wash up really well.  And since I've been wearing them so much I can attest to it being true... I'm kind of a stain magnet, truth be told. Plus they are super budget friendly so you can't beat that!  I've been raving about these linen tees all spring (the tanks are great too!) because they are just so dang comfortable and easy to wear. They have the perfect drape to them and come in at just about $15 - so you can buy in multiples, which believe me I already have! Since they contain linen, I don't recommend putting them in the dryer, but they hang dry very quickly! And lastly I'm super into cardigans lately. They are the perfect spring layer since I'm constantly hot/cold/hot/cold especially this time of year. This one is a marled deep navy, but it's also available in beige and it's another super budget friendly piece ladies!











Outfit Details:
White Tee (under $15!)
Bag (or less expensive option)

SaveSave

 

site design by kiki co.