Tuesday, May 29, 2018

my everyday style: tulip time part I!

You guys may have noticed if you follow along here on the blog or on my social media channels that I have a thing with flowers.  I always have. I simply adore flowers and try to squeeze in pictures of them whenever and wherever possible. In general I just try to have MORE of them in my life. Always.  Usually they end up being cut flowers in photos but sometimes I luck out and can get more!

I've always wanted to do photos at Tulip Time - which is in Holland, Michigan, about 30 minutes from my home each spring - but was scared off by the crowds.  The photographer that I've used on and off for years lives near there and I asked her if it was even POSSIBLE with all the crowds and she suggested going for photos AFTER the festivities were over.  Since it was such a cool spring there may be tulips left to see and photograph. And boy was she right.  We really lucked out!  How gorgeous are these tulips!?!? I mean.  Just stunning.

This warm weather season I am intrigued by the 'kimono' trend but I don't really see myself as a kimono type person. Simply put, it's a little outside my style box. But when I recently came across this embroidered scarf I like that it had the kimono vibe, but yet was still a scarf and that made it very do-able style-wise for me. It's my perfect balance.  I paired it with stripes (as I tend to do...) and a simple pair of jeans and sandals and it's the perfect spring to summer look.  This scarf-turned-kimono is the perfect topper over a striped tank for chilly mornings or blasting AC.  I love that it's casual and comfortable but looks like something special... without hardly trying.  That's my kind of outfit.










(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Outfit Details:
Tank, I'm wearing a size small (or find it here)



 

site design by kiki co.