Friday, May 25, 2018

try on session! (summer tops & bottoms)

If you follow me on Instagram/Instagram Stories you know that my husband and I recently got away to Chicago for the weekend.  We shopped and ate and shopped and ate some more. It was heaven.  My husband doesn't love to shop, but he doesn't hate it either (and he's a great shopping wing man)... I wanted to scope out all the new summer arrivals and he pretty much needed an entirely new wardrobe after losing so much weight with FWTFL (you can learn more about that here). So we did A LOT of shopping.

I took lots of photos in the fitting rooms for you guys... and let's be honest, for me too. I'm so used to shopping online that I often have a difficult time deciding what I like right.that.minute in the fitting room.  So I like to take photos to remind me what items I liked or which ones I didn't as well.

I found some really amazing pieces for summer that I think you will like too! Today I'll cover the tops/bottoms and then I'll do a big dress round up soon too!

This peplum top is so simple and easy for wearing all summer and the fabric is SO soft. It runs large to size down, I'm wearing an XS and there are tons of colors options!

Isn't this eyelet top just GORGEOUS for summer? And I love that it's so lightweight, so it's perfect for hot afternoons or outdoor concerts.  I'm wearing an XS.

This layered tank is super fun and flirty for summer. It's available in quite a few fabric/color options and would be darling with white jeans and sandals for summer. I'm wearing a size XS.

This is another top that is so breezy and lightweight. I love the embroidery and tassel details. It's also amiable in navy and either would be great with jeans or denim shorts this summer. I"m wearing an XS.

This pink tank is one that I couldn't decide on in the fitting room, but now that I see a photo of it  - I really need to go back for it!  It's perfectly drapey and quite oversized.  So go down a size, I'm wearing an XS. It's also available in other colors as well!

If you need a new pair of white jeans for summer I can't recommend these enough! They are SUPER flattering and comfortable and are the perfect ankle length for us shorter gals. (I'm about 5'4 or 5'5 and wearing a size 26).

Doesn't this tie-shoulder top just scream summer? It's super cute and also runs a little big, so size down. I love it paired here with the white jeans and you could add a pair of sneakers for a sporty look or go with classic sandals as well.

This sweater/tee/sweatshirt top is so soft and the perfect light weight for summer. It's available in lots of colors and I'm wearing an XS. Also be sure to check out the ruching detail on the sleeves that makes it look slouchy but not sloppy.  

This dainty pink top is GORGEOUS and perfect for dressing up for the office this summer with dress pants or dressing down with white jeans. You could easily throw a white blazer or cream cardigan over top too for extra layers. I'm wear a small. It runs small so maybe size up.

This bell sleeve/puff sleeve top is seriously SO fun! It runs quite large so go down a size or even two in this one. But I just love the fabric and the sleeves are so fun for summer when you don't have to shove them into a winter coat. 

I just LOVE an easy summer sweater. This one has a great high low hem and would be great with denim shorts or with jeans and sandals for a dinner out or chilly summer evening. It's also available in  a few colors and I'm wearing an XS.

This t-shirt is awesome! Fair warning it's VERY oversized. So go down a size or two and prepare for a slouchier fit. But this would also make a great top to throw over workout gear after the gym or a swim cover up as well. I'm wearing an XS and it's available in a few colors.

This twist tie top is another great summer office piece. It would be great on it's own or with a blazer or cardigan. It looks like the white maybe sold out, but it's available in a few other colors and runs true to size.

The button top trend is HOT this summer and this cute little tank is perfect for warm summer days. I'm wearing a size 2 which is a little snug in the chest, a size 4 would fit me better for sure.

You probably NEED this ROSE OKAY sweatshirt for summer, right!?!? I mean, so cute! This sweatshirt is so soft as well. I am wearing the small/medium size.

I couldn't help but snag this "BRUNETTE" sweatshirt for lounging and errands. Not brunette? Don't worry you can also snag a BLONDE or REDHEAD too... I'm wearing a size small/medium.

This twist top was one of my FAVORITES that I tried on, so easy for summer and the twist detail is so flattering. And the price!?!? This baby is only $22! I'm wearing a size XS - size up if you want more of your torso covered. I like the little peek of flesh with these jeans but it's totally up to you. It's also available in a few other colors.

If you need a simple summer tee - I highly recommend this one. The pale purple is gorgeous but it also is available in other colors as well and it's under $20! It's affordable and super soft.  These high waisted denim shorts are my new favorite! They are super flattering and comfortable. I usually size up in denim shorts but this pair I went with my usual size - 26. 

This tank is another color-way of the black and white striped tank above. How cute is this red, white and blue for summer? Again, size up if you prefer it longer. I'm wearing an XS. I went UP a size in these denim shorts (which I usually prefer to do) to a 27 and LOVE them. I will probably trim some of the longer threads on the hem but these shorts are soft, affordable and the perfect length. Not too short, not too long.

This SUPER soft waist tie tee is a great summer basic. It would look great with white jeans and a fun necklace and sandals for an easy summer look. It's also available in lots of sizes and I'm wearing an XS.

I am completely obsessed with this tie-shoulder top in white! It's a little more fitted than the one I showed above and comes in 4 gorgeous solid colors.  It would be adorable with shorts or jeans or even a denim skirt or fun ruffly skirt for summer. Size down, I'm wearing an xs here. 


Let me know if you have any questions about fit or what pieces you like most in the comments - I would love to hear! 



 

site design by kiki co.