Wednesday, April 25, 2018

everyday spring basics try-on session!

Just when I thought I had blogging all figured out (fancy camera, hours editing and scouting photoshoot locations) the world turns upside down!  Isn't that the way life goes?!?! These days my audience both here and on Instagram really seem to be enjoying casual try on sessions - where I simply show you gals the pieces I've recently bought or am trying on at my favorite store and fill you in on how the sizing is and what I love about each piece.  These are super casual and really just glorified mirror selfies.  But hey, if you guys like it - I'm aim to please!

I recently did a try on session on Instagram stories featuring a random assortment of items I had recently ordered.  These pieces are best categorized as spring and summer basics.  Easy tees and tops, simple everyday dresses and in general just great wardrobe building blocks.  I love that each of these pieces can easily be dressed up or down with a layers (my favorites are: a leather jacket, a denim jacket, a cardigan or a blazer) and are great pieces for busy mons on the go.  The best part is that everything here is in the $50 price point and below - so these are all SUPER budget friendly as well!

 (above and below) In previous seasons I have always really loved these linen blend tees and tanks that are inexpensive (under $15!) and oh so easy to wear so I stocked up on a few more.  I love that they have a great drape to them which makes them very flattering and you can't beat the price and color selection. They are lightweight enough for super hot summer days or sitting at kids' sports events all summer. I personally love the grey and the white and I am wearing a size small (they run maybe a little big - if you are between sizes you could consider sizing down depending on the fit you prefer).


(above) Another perfectly easy top for summer is this tie neck tunic. I love the gauzy fabric, which is again great for super hot summer days or sitting at kids sports all summer. I love it for spring paired with a denim jacket or a leather jacket even for a date night. How versatile is that!?!? It's also available in black and I'm wearing a size XS.

(above) I am smitten with this midi-length t-shirt dress! The fabric is super soft and stretchy so it's perfect for busy mom days all spring and summer. This is another piece that would be great layered with a leather jacket for a girls night out or worn with a denim jacket for a Saturday of mom-duties. It's just so versatile. Here I am wearing a size XS, I could have gone up to a small for extra room in the sleeves but was worried about the length since I am on the shorter side.  

(above) This is another super easy and classic dress for summer. I love that it's casual enough for kids sporting events or throwing over. swimsuit or just on it's own for errands.  But it can also be dressed up with wedges and a fun necklace for a girls night or date night. You can easily go day to night with this little dress and I don't know about you, but I just love having pieces that can serve multiple purposes in my closet!

(above) Finally this is THE dress you must buy this season if you buy one dress. It's insanely flattering, super comfortable to wear and only $50! I also own it in grey (you can see it in this post) and it will be getting a dedicated blog post soon... but until then - you NEED this. I am wearing a size small - I recommend sizing up if you are in between sizes. Otherwise it's about 95% true to size - maybe just a smidge small. This is another one that is perfect for Saturdays with a denim jacket or girls night and I also think I'm going to wear this to a wedding this summer... it's seriously that versatile!


 

site design by kiki co.