Wednesday, August 31, 2016

my everyday style: grey dress two ways!

I don't tend to naturally gravitate towards dresses as everyday wear like some gals do.  It's not that I don't enjoy wearing them (I do! They are so easy to throw on!) it's more that I struggle to find the 'perfect' casual dress. And since 'perfect' doesn't really exist I just pass on dresses in general.  What makes a perfect dress, you ask? Well not too short, not too frilly, must have sleeves or more than a spaghetti strap and must be comfortable.  Basically I want a t-shirt dress that is disguised to look like more than a t-shirt dress. But not too much more.  Can you see now why I usually abandon the dress finding mission?

All this to say, I actually FOUND a t-shirt dress that is more than a t-shirt dress.  One in a million chances there, friends.  So of course I jumped right into the dressing room with this baby and it didn't disappoint.  Things I love about this dress: it's a t-shirt dress (duh!), but wait... it's more!  I love the wrap around detail that defines the waist and adds some visual interest. This dress is SUPER soft and I am quickly realizing a complete chameleon in my wardrobe.  I can wear it with so many combinations of shoes, jackets and other accessories that it's downright near 'perfect' if you ask me. And extra bonus it's marked down right now! 

Here I styled it up two different ways... first I paired it with a trendy bandana style scarf, sandals and a tote.  This is a great mom on the go look for busy days or weekends.  Next up I dressed it up a little with some nice flats and a leather jacket.  It's an easy look for a casual Friday at the office or out for dinner and drinks with friends. 









(photos by Jennifer Ketchum)

Outfit Details:
Dress, Anthropologie - it's on sale too!
Scarf, Target (I couldn't find it online so similar or similar)
Tote, J.Crew (similar or similar)
Sandals, M.Gemi - c/o 
Sunglasses, Nordstrom Rack (old, similar or similar)
Flats, J.Crew (no longer available, similar or similar)
Bag, Rebecca Minkoff
Sunglasses, Warby Parker (no longer available, similar or similar)
Leather Jacket, Zara (old, similar or similar)




 

site design by kiki co.