Monday, November 8, 2010

1 of 30... magic!

Do you ever feel like this song?

I've got the magic in me
Everytime I touch that track it turns into gold
Everybody knows I've got the magic in me
When I hit the flow the girls come snappin' at me
Now everybody wants some presto magic


It's rare... but I highly recommend taping into the "magic" - or just putting that song on your ipod for the gym. It's, well, magic.

This past Saturday my girlfriend had some invites to an event at the local Macy's featuring make-up trends for the season. Then we got dolled up (read: completely and utterly spoiled) at the Chanel make-up counter. I am pretty sure I had "the magic" all day - after that morning. This is what I wore:



I was trying to remember the last time I had my make-up done by a professional - they actually brought in professional make-up artists in addition to the ladies that work the counter. I had the best one working on me... but I'm partial. She made me gorgeous! It's been years since I've been so dolled up... if EVER this dolled up. What fun!



Of course, it was the first day of the 30/30 Challenge. So I chose from my thirty. I am so excited about this Challenge... I separated all of my 30 items OUT of my closet... they are all organized and getting dressed seems to be a breeze. And very inspiring.



Close up on make-up genius (get ready for extreme close-up!)





More shots of the fun...




If you live in West Michigan and need a make-up artist... I got the gals' info, she works freelance and was SO sweet and cute and TALENTED.

(want details on what I am wearing? check out my 30/30 source list here!)

26 comments:

Cathy W. said...

Jill - your makeup looks great! Isn't it fun when someone does your makeup for you? I love the pop of color in the cardi. Great outfit!

decor4poor@blogspot.com said...

That looks great. I love the belt with the shirt and sweater. I also love that song!

Kelly said...

Pretty outfit! And I LOVE the new blog header! Clean and stylish! Well done~

Meredith said...

Love this outfit!

Les said...

Cute! Love the necklaces!

Elizabeth @claritychaos said...

I love eye makeup.

And I love seeing you in such a great pop of color!! Great outfit.

Kristy said...

Fun post! And I love the new header! It's a fun punch of color as we're heading into the grays of winter :)

Lydia Marie said...

Cute! LOVE the makeup, and you pull off the color yellow so well!

kristen said...

Jill, you look great! Glad you got to have some fun at the makeup counter! I got to do that last weekend too. So fun!

P.S. Love the new blog look!

Jackie said...

Fun! I like that song too...maybe I need to get a makeover so I can feel that way as well!

Dobbygirl said...

So lovely! Love the makeup, love the outfit! I was just thinking this morning I am in total need of a makeup and hair overhaul. My hair is a nightmare, makes me nuts. Enough about me already *sheesh* lol!

Rosie said...

LOVE this outfit and you look gorgeous in the makeup!

Ollie things Beautiful said...

That is such a great color! Love it! :) Can't wait to see your other outfits, i see we have the same lace cream shirt :) xx

rlutz said...

Love that top with the bright cardi...your make looks amazing...
definitely "gold"

Kate said...

I love the color of your cardi & the boots are awesome as well! What I love even more? The christmas decorations in your makeup photo! Gah, makes me so excited!

Melanie said...

Lovely! I never would have picked that lemon-yellow cardi, but you are totally making it work! And I'm in looove with your blouse. It's gorgeous!

Melanie@UnravelledThreads
Follow @UnraveldTreads on Twitter!

theputtogethergirl said...

I love this outfit! It's completely perfect! Can't wait to see more!

Pixie in Pumps said...

your make up looks BEAUTIFUL! i've never had a professional do my make up before, i bet that was so much fun. This outfit it so fantastic. I really love that top and the color combo!

Liz said...

I love that top! And I'd also love to have some hot smoky eyes like that, I don't think I've ever tried that!

karen★ said...

this whole outfit is so amazing! you look beautiful & happy & i'm sure you got a few "check-outs" that day too! she did an amazing job on your makeup...your eyes are definitely front & center (as they should be when they're that blue!). i really REALLY love the boots with those jeans!

p.s. I LOVE B.O.B.!!! (we have that on our "school mornings" mix & it definitely helps to start the day off with that "magic" feel!

Elizabeth Benfield said...

LOVE this outfit!

Milly said...

nice!...love the top

Daphne said...

I must have missed this post last week. LOVE this outfit. The top is so beautiful and that neon colored cardigan totally pops up. Great make-up.

ClosetConfections said...

your makeup looks gorgeous. other than the lipstick i slap on for outfit posts (and this only started recently), i am totally clueless when it comes to makeup. love the texture on that top and the bright cardi.

kendra
http://closetconfections.com

Shannon said...

If we're defining magic as "looking gorgeous and like a j. crew model who has somehow stepped out of the pages of the catalog and onto my computer screen" then yes, indeed, you sure have got the magic in you! You (and your outfit!) look fabulous!!

Colleen said...

I really like this outfit.
belt + cardi never work so well for me. I think I need lessons on making it work.


 

site design by kelly christine studio