Thursday, September 23, 2021

my favorite blazers & jackets from J.Crew!

 I love a blazer or jacket that I can keep pulling out year after year. Today I'm rounding up some J.Crew favorites that I've owned for several seasons along with some *new* favorites that I look forward to wearing for many more seasons ahead. These pieces are so versatile and classic and can be dressed up or down and worn a million ways. They are just true, true classics. Along with links and sizing information for the pieces shown, I'll also include a lesser expensive option from J.Crew Factory, since most of these pieces have a factory "companion" if you will where you can get almost the exact piece from a much lower price. 

Sizing: VERY oversized, I went down 2 sizes to an XXS for a more fitted look.
Why I love it: This extra layer is instantly chic and dressed up. Even here I just paired with a simple tank and it looks perfectly pulled together while still being so easy to wear and comfortable.
Shop less expensive version HERE (looks like it hasn't restocked this fall, I'll keep an eye on it).

Shown with: jeans, loafers, tank, necklace & necklace

Sizing: Runs big, I went down one size to XS.
Why I love it: This is another piece where I feel instantly pulled together once I pop it on. Its comfortable like a cardigan but instantly looks chic. I own this one is 3 colors and they get lots of wear.


Sizing: Fits oversized, I went down a size to XS.
Why I love it: This is a new sweater blazer style for J.Crew and I love how drapey and boxy it fits. It's very much a nod to 90s styles, which are definitely having a moment. This one is great for layering because it has a lot of room underneath. Even though it's slouchier it still looks very pulled together and it's super comfortable.

Shown with: jeans, similar flats, sweater

Sizing: Runs big, I went down to an XS and the sleeves are still quite long, but I have cuffed them.
Why I love this: This is a true sweater blazer, it definitely is the thickest and true sweater material. It's very warm and cozy and will be a great extra layer this fall.

Shown with: blousejeansloafersnecklace & necklace

Sizing: Runs big, I went down a size to XS.
Why I love this: I've owned this for 4 years and it still looks amazing. It's one of my favorite spring/fall jackets and its been a great staple as a sports mom. I have worn this to probably a million soccer games - or it feels like it. I can't recommend this one enough!

Shown with: jeans, birkenstocks, sweater

Sizing: I went down a size in this jacket, I'm in an XS.
Why I love it: This is the perfect fall/early winter jacket. I love the longer fit with the quilted details. And this color is SO good for fall. This jacket is new to me this season, but I already know it will get so much wear this fall and winter.

Shown with: sweaterjeans, clogs

Sizing: True to size, I'm wearing a size 2, fits like a small.
Why I love it: I own this one in three colors and it's definitely my go-to winter throw on coat. Definitely not for extended time outside, but for everyday running errands or dinner out, etc this coat works well over sweaters and instantly dresses up any look. I love that it's comfortable to wear but also looks super dressy.

Shown with: sweaterjeans, flatsnecklace & necklace




 

site design by kiki co.