Monday, August 9, 2021

J.Crew late summer try on session!

I found some really great new pieces from J.Crew that I am very excited to show you today! In the past I've felt like retailers went straight from summer style to fall styles with no in between. This year I'm finding so many really great transitional pieces that will take you from tees and tanks to cozy wool sweaters a little easier. Lightweight cotton sweaters and late summer hues like browns and pinks and taupes are a great way to ease out of summer fashion into fall fashion more seamlessly. Today's finds from J.Crew are just that... and while I rarely love EVERYTHING I order, this order was a total love fest. Besides one pair of jeans I ordered and did not like and did not fit, everything fit great and was so gorgeous. Talk about getting lucky! 

Today I styled items with white jeans to give them a summery feel. Of course they will all look great with blue jeans too and can be worn that way now too. This way, with white jeans you can visualize how they work for now. Let's take a look at the pieces! 

striped tee (above)
Sizing: True to size. I am in my usual size small. It is a little roomy, but might shrink up a tiny bit after being washed/dried.
Thoughts: I love a stripe tee... you all probably know that by know. This one in subtle taupe/cream stripes is perfect for late summer and early fall. This top works great with white jeans for a summery look now and will be perfect layered with a cardigan or jacket later this fall.
Shown with: jeans, similar sandals

Sizing: True to size, I am in my usual size small.
Thoughts: I saw this in person at the store a few weeks back and loved it but didn't buy and couldn't stop thinking about it. I had to go back and grab it. I love a cable knit sweater and this piece is so soft. I love the balloon sleeves and the cropped cut. All around a winner!
Shown with: jeans, sandals

Sizing: True to size. I am in my usual size small.
Thoughts: I love this piece so much! I have this in white from earlier this spring and when this new rusty brown color released I knew I would have to have it. I wore the white version a lot this summer, it's a great lightweight piece that works with leggings, joggers or jeans. You can easily dress it up or down. 
Shown with: jeans, sandals

Sizing: Runs big. I went down one size to XS, you could even go down two sizes.
Thoughts: I just adore this. The sweater is SO soft and the dramatic sleeves and scoop neck are so fun and unique. I can tell it's going to be an instant favorite this August and September.
Shown with: jeans, sandals

cardigan (above)
Sizing: Runs a touch big.  I'm in my usual size small, but you could go down a size if between sizes.
Thoughts: I have been eyeing this cardigan all summer and they just released new colors. I loved the white, but thought that black would be more versatile for fall for me. It works week with tees, tanks or dresses now and it will be a perfectly cozy layer for later this fall.
Shown with: jeans, tankclogs

clogs (above)
Sizing: True to size. 
Thoughts: I am LOVING that clogs are back in style this fall. I've been seeing them EVERYWHERE. This pair is surprisingly comfortable and while I am saying a prayer that I won't trip and fall while getting used to wearing them again (I had a pair many years ago, but haven't worn clogs in years) I am very excited to wear these this fall!




 

site design by kiki co.