Friday, July 16, 2021

Nordstrom Anniversary Sale try on session!

 The items I ordered from the sale are here and I'm excited to show you what I bought and chat all things sizing in order to hopefully make your ordering process easier. A few things are already out of stock (sad!) but I have hope they will restock... so I'll be sure to keep an eye on them. Instagram Stories is probably the best place to watch for those restocks!

My goal was to go with super classic pieces for this sale. The shoe selection was a little light in my opinion so I only got two pairs... one shown here and this pair of brown mules that haven't arrived yet. I also thought the coat selection was slim or just similar to coats I already own, so I only purchased one coat. I will say the sweaters and jeans and bags I purchased are all BIG winners. I really, really love them. It felt nice to do a more edited shop for items I really, really adore even though it meant passing up some items I still liked. I also got these earrings - I will add them here soon!

sweater sizing: runs big, I went down a size. You could do your usual size if you wanted a slouchier fit.
jeans sizing: the size guide says they run large, but in my experience that is not true. This is a 2 and they are way too tight, a 4 would be perfect.
Thoughts: I just LOVE both pieces. These jeans are ultra flattering and I love the frayed hem and they have the perfect amount of stretch. They are super modern and on trend for fall without being overly trendy. The details on this funnel neck sweater are so pretty. This is an instant classic!

sweater sizing: runs big, I went down a size.
mules sizing: true to size.
Thoughts: These three are probably my favorite from the sale in all it's entirety. So classic, so easy to wear. I can see getting lots of wear out of this sweater. This tote has been on my wishlist and I purchased it in a lighter color, but this darker color seems more practical for suede. It's an instant favorite. These mules are different from anything I own and I love them. They are very soft and I love that they are modern and unique from other shoes I own.
Shown with: Good American jeans

(above) plaid coat
Sizing: runs big, I went down a size to XS.
Thoughts: The colors on this are SO pretty for fall and winter. It's making me crave apple cider! This pattern is way outside of my box but the grey and white and brown would match SO much in my closet and really be a statement piece! 

sweater sizing: runs big, I went down a size.
jeans sizing: I went with my bigger size and they fit perfectly. I'm between 26/27 and these are a 27.
Thoughts: This sweater is lightweight and airy but warm. I love that combo. The balloon sleeves are so pretty! This is an instant classic! These jeans are SO GOOD. I'm in love... do they come in more colors!?!? I'll find out. They are super stretchy and soft like they've been worn forever, but also so flattering.  New favorite for fall for sure!

(above) cape/shawl
Sizing: one size fits all.
Thoughts: I just LOVE a cape, shawl, ruana... whatever you want to call it! Great for lounging, great for travel, great for throwing on over jeans, leggings, tees, sweaters... whatever! It's so versatile and pretty!

(above) belt bag
Thoughts: This has been on my wishlist for a while. It's technically a belt bag but can be worn crossbody like this too. I love that it's modern and chic and instantly makes me feel more hip than I probably am. I also love that it's not tiny and could still carry my full wallet. It's going to be great for travel, sports, mom duty or anywhere you want to be hands free!

sweater sizing: runs big, I went down a size - you could go with your usual size for a slouchier fit.
Thoughts: This sweater is so beautiful in person. It's very soft and quite thick and I love the v neck. I really wanted to go with timeless sweaters for the sale and this one fits that description.  I really love this layered necklace. Layered necklaces are so trendy right now and this one does all the work for you! It's three layers with only one clasp - super easy!
Shown with: Paige jeans & black mules

Sizing: I'm in my usual size small. Fits true to size. 
Thoughts: This is a GORGEOUS cashmere sweater and an amazing price. It's super soft and perfectly lightweight for layering or on it's own. I'm in love!






 


 

site design by kiki co.